Instead of Jammy Cocoa night, we named our new tradition Jammy Coa-coa Night. On our Christmas bucket list, Jack misspelled cocoa, so now we have all been calling it Coa-coa (think "boa") just like he spelled it.
In the interest of keeping it real, I will say that our Jammy Coa-coa night was postponed once due to what seems to be the bain of my existence lately - backtalking.
And also keepin' it real - a certain tween girl did not want to wear pajamas and certainly didn't want to be seen with her pj-wearing mom and dad in Starbucks. So she opted to sit in the car while we got our drinks.
We snapped a few pictures before our fun night. There was a LOT of silliness going on. Do you remember being in junior high or high school and you absolutely could not stop laughing? That is what's happening in our house lately!
Grace and Jack loved their little treat bags. They definitely missed these Target sugar cookies while we were overseas.
And the laughing continues.
Michael was happy to wear his new LSU tshirt that he got for his birthday.
We saw lots of gorgeous lights. We drove around for about an hour. Then the kids started getting really tired, so we headed back home. I think the flu and cough from last week kind of caught up with them. Even though they are feeling better, they weren't quite 100%. They both were in bed by 8:15 and went straight to sleep!
We got lots of ideas for doing Christmas lights next year. This year we just have a wreath on the door.
We definitely got a laugh out of this giant (and I mean 15 feet tall) inflatable Yeti. The picture is blurry, but it was so funny!
What a fun new Christmas tradition for us! Hopefully we'll continue for years to come!






Ok. You never answered me on the LSU question, but Michael's t-shirt confirms my suspicions. Ohhhhh boy! Laughter is the best medicine! Especially at Christmas time! And I can totally sympathize with the backtalking! I can't imagine it times 2!!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! This is on my list to do when my college boy gets home. I'm really thinking we are going to have a boys against girls Christmas light scavenger hunt! We will see if I can get full participation!
ReplyDelete