New Books January 2019


Today's post is all about new books for January 2019.  I have NOT read these yet, but they are titles that caught my eye.  I have added them to my to-be-read list, and hope you will find some new ideas for your book stack!  

PS.  To check out the books that I HAVE read, click over to my Media Monday post.




Before I get started with the new books for January, I wanted to let you know about the Amazon First Reads program.  Usually, this allows Prime members to get one of the editor's picks FREE each month in Kindle format.  For January, you can TWO of these Kindle books FREE!  So click over to see if any of their picks for this month look interesting to you!



The Suspect
I  enjoyed Barton's other books (The Child and The Widow),
so I'm interested in reading this new book about the same journalist investigating some missing girls.




We Hope for Better Things
"An emotional journey through time--from the volatile streets of 1960s Detroit to Michigan's Underground Railroad during the Civil War--to uncover the past, confront the seeds of hatred, and discover where love goes to hide."




Light Over London
I want to read this based on the cover alone!
It's about a woman working in an antique store discovers the diary of
a young woman who joined the British Army in World War II.




The Au Pair
A woman with a twin brother finds a mysterious picture showing her mother with only one baby.  Great reviews for this suspenseful book.




Freefall
When a plane crashes, a woman struggles to survive and she has secrets.
This was selected as an Amazon Book of the Month.





The Dreamers
An illness strikes, leaving the victims permanently asleep with unusual dream states.  I enjoyed the author's book Age of Miracles, so I'm looking forward to this one.




The Current
Two young women are pulled from an icy river - one dead and one barely alive.
The survivor tries to solve the crime.  This was selected as an Amazon Book of the Month.




An Anonymous Girl
By the authors of the Wife Between Us - need I say more?


 

Her One Mistake
Everyone's nightmare - a friend's missing child while they are in your care.





Here are my two picks from the Amazon First Reads program for January.


I hope you found some new book titles that sound interesting!

Come back soon ...
Media Monday every 1st Monday of the month
New Books every 2nd Tuesday of the month

My GoodReads
Pinterest - My Books 2018
Pinterest - My Books 2019

Linking to:

Tuesday Talk~Erika & Ashley
Welcome Wednesday with
High Five for Friday with  Whitney, Becky, Tif, and Della
Friday Loves Link Up with The Blended Blog
Best of the Weekend with Calypso in the Country


{Affiliate Links}

14 comments

  1. Those all sound so good. My book club is reading Becoming Mrs. Lewis for next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to download The Anonymous Girl as my freebie on Audible. I chose The Forgotten Hours too. Have a great week, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Some awesome books here! Thank goodness because I feel like I haven't read anything great in a long time! The Anonymous Girl has been on my list for a while, but our library doesn't have it and the kindle version is nearly $15. I don't like to spend that much on books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sounds like some great and thrilling-can't-put-it-down books. I saw the Au Pair and might have to check it out. Also, One Mistake sounds so intense and like a nightmare. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh I wish I enjoyed reading. I'd love to be able to share more with y'all. Oh well...it is what it is. HA! Hope you're having a great week so far. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Anonymous Girl is sitting in my cart! So many of these sound great. I’m really searching for another five out of five reads like Verity was!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look so good!! I have a hard time picking my First Reads most months. I just love a good book. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing. I like the sound of some of these mysteries.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many of these intrigue me. I definitely want to read freefall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just finished Emily Giffin's Everything We Ever Wanted- interesting take on parents of high schoolers, but I didn't love the ending. I just downloaded The Girl Before. Apparently it's supposed to be turned into a movie by Ron Howard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Light Over London looks completely up my reading alley! You've got a good and diverse line up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOh i love finding new books!! I got Anonymous girl for free and its on my TBR for next month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They all sound great! Congrats- your post was the most clicked again this past week at Best of the Weekend! You're on a roll! Thanks for linking up and have a great weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!