Friday Favorites April 5


TGIF!  I don't know how the first week in April can already be gone.  The year is flying by!  We had our last unseasonable cool blast of air, along with some rain this week.  Everything is so bright and green.  And now that cold air is gone and our air conditioning has begun in earnest.  Here's a look at some favorites this week...




ONE
I had quite a library haul this week.  The stars aligned, and all my holds came in at once!  I won't get to read all of these books in 2 weeks, but I'll do my best.  Right now I'm reading Before She Knew Him, and it's good!  Are there any titles you've already read?




TWO
I am loving my new subscription to the Our Daily Bread devotional.  I remember my mom reading a similar little pamphlet, so when I saw someone (Bri) posting this on Instagram, I really wanted to get it.  First, I tried the enewsletter.  That was good, but I like reading a physical book so I ordered the mail delivery.  It's free, so go check it out here:  Our Daily Bread



THREE
Welcome to spring!  All of the rose bushes in the backyard are bursting with buds.  Here's a picture of the very first bloom.  This yellow rose always seems to get a head start on the flowers.  This is my favorite time of year!



THREE
We have a new-ish Bath and Bodyworks in a local shopping center that I always drive by.  They had a $10 off candles sign outside, so of course I had to pop in!  They have some incredible new summer scents, so I enjoyed a small shopping spree!   I picked up this soap for the powder room.  I love the fresh blue design, and it smells similar to the famous capri blue candle.  And remember the Target cleaning spray?  I'm combining all of that to get a fresh smelling house!



FOUR
Walmart had some really cute spring and summer products out.  I picked up these pretty Easter/spring themed paper plates.  I also got a few new summer flour-sack towels for $1.96 each, and a pretty new plastic cup for icy drinks and water on hot days.  



FIVE
Congratulations to all our high school choirs who earned "sweepstakes" - all superior ratings at UIL.  Way to go!  Jack has had some extra practices after school for the UIL contest, so I'm sure he's happy to check that off his to-do list.  Way to go!  We are so proud of Jack's work with choir - he's decided to continue next year!

SIX
After 48 hours in airports, planes, and hotels, Michael finally made it to Europe!  He had not one, but two cancelled flights, along with a night spent in Chicago.  Thank goodness he built a day of jet lag recovery into his business trip, so he didn't miss any meetings.  I asked him to send me pictures of his trip - the fun parts, not the business meetings - to post on the blog.  

At the bottom right, he's in his kilt in Glasgow.  Above that, he ate at the Grumpy Mole in the London area.  I thought that was the funniest name of a pub/restaurant!  And now he's in France...look at that eclair!  He is really on the go with this trip, moving on to another city this weekend and then flying home.



SEVEN
Kelly from Kelly's Korner had a great post recently about all the shopping app's she uses.  I had heard of some of them, like Ibotta.  To be honest, I don't use that one as often as I could.  But she also talked about two I hadn't heard of - Field Agent and Easy Shift.  These are like "secret shopper" apps.  They pay you to try a product or take pictures of store displays.  I have to admit I am kind of addicted to checking these apps now and seeing what jobs are available in my area.  If you have some extra time and want to earn a little spending money, be sure to check these out.  

EIGHT
These shorts were a really popular item on my Prime Purchases post this week.  They hadn't arrived yet, so I said that I would report back on how G liked them.  They are a perfect dupe for the Lululemon shorts, and she loves them.  I like that the inseam is just a little longer than Nike shorts, and I just ordered a second pair for her.  They're a winner!


On the agenda this weekend - an early release day, some yard work, a youth group retreat for J, and that's about it!  

Linking to:
Friday Favorites with Andrea, Narci, and Erika
High Five for Friday with  Whitney, Becky, Tif, and Della
Best of the Weekend with Calypso in the Country
{Affiliate Links}

16 comments

  1. Such a fun Friday favorites and yes a big congratulations to the choirs! I love your bunny paper goods and I need some new bath and body soap’s, that blue one will go so good in my house and I bet the smell is sensatiinal. Have a super sweet weekend lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday, friend! Congrats to the choirs and way to go, Jack! Loved the fun pics Michael sent you! Glad he finally made it there safe and sound after multiple delays. Your home sounds so wonderful for spring - inside and out, with lovely scents and beautiful views like that first bloom! Wishing you a terrific weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo on the UIL! I may just need to get the shorts they are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to check out those apps! I hate when all my library requests come at once, it stresses me out! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fun finds! I am anxious to try that new BBW scent, I love that famous blue capri smell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I'm so jealous of Michael right now! I want to go to Europe so bad! It looks like he's having a blast... aside from the trip over, that is! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That rose is gorgeous! Enjoy working your way through all of those books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see Ministry of Ordinary Places and The Royal Spyness! I hope you enjoy both of them as much as I did! We are going to be hosting our second street dinner of year in a few weeks all because of the Ministry of Ordinary Places book. :) I look forward to hearing what you think about Becoming Mrs Lewis. That is on my list. Congrats to Jack on his UIL accomplishments! Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just told someone about Our Daily Bread & I remember my parents getting those every month. I read them online but I'd love to have the paper one to hold & write in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've actually worked for Easy Shift before and it is pretty decent money. It's a lot of driving and very last minute gigs but when my husband worked from home, it was a great side job for me.

    LOVE those plates from Walmart too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad that Michael finally made it to Europe! And safely, too! Thanks for the link to Our Daily Bread! I just ordered my book in LARGE print! Heaven help me! I hope you are enjoying your "rainy" weekend! Ugh! It's so gloomy here today and I'm so disappointed that our vineyard plans were canceled for this evening. We're grilling steaks instead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are supposed to get another cold front this coming week with lows in the 40s. I hope it's our last one! Those lululemon dupes look almost identical! I might have to try them out myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to check out those apps you recommended. I know some people use Ibotta but I can't get into it. That's a pretty rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check them out. I have already made some $$ using Easy Shift and Field Agent.

      Delete
  14. I just adore that Michael entertains you by sending the pictures of his trip! Congrats to your talented Jack and his friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you've been busy...and will be with the book pile! Congrats to Jack - and to your husband for making it to Europe! Thanks for linking up to Best of the Weekend! You were one of my features this week!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!