I love looking at blog posts to get inspiration for back-to-school so I thought I'd pull together some ideas for today's topic. This year is a little bittersweet since it will be our last "official" back-to-school season with Jack's senior year. On the other hand, I'm happy that Grace will still be here at home for the first day of high school for him, so we can have some traditions together as a family. Last year, she was already in Atlanta on the first day of school, and we sure did miss her! Let's see some back-to-school inspiration.
Last year I put together a shopping list for the college dorm room. Grace really used all of these items and we felt like she was well-prepared for dorm life.
I know many of us are inspired by Andrea at Momfessionals -
she always has fun ideas for a back-to-school dinner - breakfast for dinner!

If you're looking for something other than breakfast for dinner,
check out Heather's "Let's Taco About Going Back to School."

Shay has awesome suggestions for back-to-school breakfasts.
When the kids were in elementary school, I wrote some posts about teacher gifts.
Lunches look a little different now that I have older kids, but I sure remember using my Pampered Chef sandwich press/crust remover for many lunches.
Grace took a PB&J to school almost every.single.day...
except for the years in the UK when the school was peanut free!
The sandwich press made homemade "uncrustables" every day!
The plastic lunch containers are wonderful, even though I know there are newer versions out there.
And that's Jack's latest lunchbox!
We just realized that Jack has had the same backpack since 8th grade...
and that was one he got for free after Hurricane Harvey!
So we upgraded his backpack this year,
and I think it will carry him through the college years. Very sturdy!
I can't wait to put some back-to-school decor out
and get ready for the first day of school on the 18th!
Recent Back-to-School Pictures and Decor
What are your back-to-school traditions?
Or what were they when the kids were little?
Come back tomorrow for a Fall Book Preview!







How wonderful that Grace will be there to celebrate with you this year!
ReplyDeleteOur younger son goes back to school to start hi senior year at UF in almost 2 weeks. College goes by so quickly! I hope Jack has a wonderful senior year and it i snice that Grace will be there too to send him off with lots of love!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
xo,
Kellyann
Following Heather's lead this year and doing the Taco Dinner for the first night of school! You know I love my Happy Everything plate thanks to you- we have the school bus charm for that...can't wait to get that out...thanks for sharing such awesome ideas Tanya! :)
ReplyDeleteWe always used to have a back to school bash for their first dinner at home from their first day. I'd always let them choose the menu and we would have a special dessert after dinner. Fun times! Our local kiddos start back today.
ReplyDeleteI'm taking my kids to look for school supplies today. That should get us into the mood for back to school!
ReplyDeleteCan't believe we are at the point of back-to-school! Summer went fast!! Love these ideas, and love that Grace will be there for Jack's first day.
ReplyDeleteUgh! I just can't believe its already time to go back to school. I know when my boys were little I was so excited for them to go back, but now time feels like its just slipping like sand through my fingers! How do we have seniors in high school already?!?!?
ReplyDeleteSuch fun back to school ideas! We are trying to figure out our traditions we want to carry on/start as we are about to enter "big girl school" next year. Testing a few out this year for 4K.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great re-cap on back to school! Hope Jack has a great senior year and fun you could all be together for his first day. We take pictures and either go out to eat at restaurant of their choice or I cook a meal picked by my girls.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know that Carhartt made backpacks!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the shout out!!
ReplyDeleteSo many great things!
ReplyDelete