The Not Just a Mom link party has had a name change. Now it is called Share Our Lives, but the concept is the same. Check out the list of topics at the bottom of this post to find out what you can write about each month.
I have to admit I recycled last year's intro post a little, but I did add some new pictures and facts. Thank you for stopping by and getting to know me better!
My name is Tanya, and I am a 50-something stay-at-home wife and mom living in the Houston area. I am married to Michael, and have two college-age children - Grace and Jack.
Here are a few pictures from over the years.
I was born in California and then lived in Pittsburgh.
From the age of 6, I lived in Texas. I got here as fast as I could!
I lived in Waco and Arlington. During high school, I worked at Wendy's during the summer. After high school, I went to the University of Texas at Austin for a Biology degree. During college, I worked at an auto glass store and the Longhorn athletic ticket office. Then I spent 10 years teaching high school science - everything from Biology I and II to Marine Science.
Honeymoon in Ireland 2001
After being single in my 20's, I met Michael in 2000. We were on a fast track - engaged in 2000, married in 2001, Grace in 2002, and Jack in 2003.
2004
Having only 18 months between the kids really kept me on my toes.
We lived in the London area (Windsor/Ascot) from 2011-2014. This experience allowed us to travel so much and formed many memories in our family.
Today our family is finished with the teen years and entering young adulthood and empty nesting. I enjoy books, gardening, walking, Diet Dr. Pepper, Bible Study, volunteering at the library, our dog Albie, podcasts, and blogs. I am a Christian, an Anglophile, a national park fan, and a travel planner. Most of all, I treasure time with my family and am grateful everyday for all the facets of my life.
And now let's introduce my blog...
I just did a blog stats recap post here where I mentioned that I have been blogging since 2004. Here's a look at what my header might have looked like back then.
Around 2011 when we moved to the UK, I renamed the blog "The Other Side of the Road." Over the years, the blog has been our family scrapbook. I also write here about...
I have always enjoyed travel, and I have a tab at the top where you can see all of the trips I have blogged about. You can also click here to see this list. Our travel has slowed down a little as the kids have moved on to college, but I hope we can go on more "empty nester" trips in the coming years.
Every month I write about the books I've read - usually the last Wednesday of the month. You can see a complete list of books I've read in recent years by clicking the Books tab at the top of the page. You can also click here to see this list.
A lot of readers have found my blog through the Prime Purchases link up that I host on the first Monday of the month. Here we talk about all our recent Amazon (or other online) finds. I love getting so many new shopping ideas from y'all! There is a tab for the Prime Purchases posts at the top of the blog, and you can come back on February 5th to join in!
The recipe section of my blog is actually another site I started a long time ago - Tanya's Table. I have a recipe index over there that makes it easy to find the recipe you're looking for.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Welcome to any new readers who found my blog today!
I hope you have a wonderful week!
Also linking to Talking About it Tuesday with Joanne at Slices of Life



















Love this! I learned a few new things! I need to dig around in Tanya's Table and see what's there, too!
ReplyDeleteI always love reading "about me" posts. Thanks for sharing! I hope you're having a great week so far, my friend. XOXO
ReplyDeleteGreat intro post, it is always fun to learn more about you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up with us!
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful photos of you and so nice to get to know you. Your teaching career sounds so interesting.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great picture of you at the top! It's always fun to read posts like this even if thought I've been reading your blog for many years.
ReplyDeleteHappy to see you linking up here!
ReplyDeleteWell, I did enjoy this and learning a little more about you. Fun link up!
ReplyDeleteTanya, I also enjoyed hearing more about you and how you lived in London.
ReplyDeleteI love seeing the throwback photos! Your blog is so well organized!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!
DeleteI had no idea you were a science teacher! Awesome job! I read along but don't often comment, but I do enjoy all of your posts! Beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteSo nice to meet you! I'll have to poke around your blog a bit and get to know you more!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by!
DeleteMy boys are all close in age too and it definitely kept me on my toes too! I didn't realize you used to teach high school science. I've always thought marine biology sounded so neat but our high school did not offer that.
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up with us! I love all of the pictures...and yes - small world about also working in the athletic dept!
ReplyDeleteWe honeymooned in Ireland too! (And Scotland!) And I feel like we were on the fast track too -- started dating in 2006, engaged in 2007, married in 2008, first child in 2009, and second one in 2011 -- those were some busy years!!!
ReplyDelete