We had a wonderful 4-night vacation in Los Angeles over the Christmas break. This was a surprise for the kids on Christmas morning, and then we left on the 27th. We had a great time, but I have to admit that I missed having lots of downtime between Christmas Day and New Year's. We'll see what I plan for next year!
We had an early morning flight on Tuesday from Houston to LAX. When we arrived, we realized that 3 out of 4 of us had forgotten our sunglasses. So we picked up some at the airport. Don't the guys look cool?
With such an early flight, we were in our rental car driving on the LA highways by noon. We decided to head to the Getty Center for an afternoon of views and art before heading to the hotel.
The Getty Center sits atop a hill in the Brentwood area of LA. You park in a garage and then take a tram up the hill to the museum. The architecture of the museum is a sight to see all by itself, with multiple modern buildings and beautiful gardens. The views are some of the best in the LA area.
Our first stop at the museum was the cafe. We hadn't had lunch yet, and after airport time and the flight, we were hungry! The parking garage was almost full when we arrived around noon, so getting there early in the day is important. Even though the parking was to capacity, it never felt crowded as we were walking around the museum and gardens. There was lots of room to spread out!
Can you see the Pacific Ocean in the distance in the photo below?
We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful, sunny day! The temperature was around 60, and it was a perfect California day.
After a full afternoon at the Getty Center, we drove over to our hotel...the Beverly Hilton. I was so excited about this special splurge. This hotel has LOTS of celebrity history, and hosts several big events including the Golden Globes. (We saw them setting up the red carpet and stands for the GG awards!) The lobby was filled with fresh flowers, the service was outstanding, and the room was spacious and very luxurious. I enjoyed every minute there!
After taking a break in the room, we headed downstairs for a snack. We sat poolside for some drinks and snacks. It had a very cool vibe, with music and surfer videos showing on a big screen. And we didn't jump in the pool like Angelina Jolie did in 1999. (The pool is heated, but we never made it down to go swimming.)
Linking to:



OMG. How AWESOME was your hotel?!?! Did you see any celebrities while you were staying there?!?
ReplyDeleteVery fun, I have wanted to go to the Getty Center!
ReplyDeleteThe Getty looked beautiful. I need to add it to my list for next time. And that Beverly Hilton!! You know how to travel! Thanks for linking up to Take Me Away! I have been looking forward to your California posts!
ReplyDeleteShelley