Friday Favorites Feb 22


Another week of February is in the books.  I'm glad I enjoyed some time outside last weekend, because it has been chilly and damp here all week.  My walks have been a little shorter.  And I am usually the lone walker out on the trails.  Here in Texas, people stay inside bundled up if it's less than 50...ha, ha!

Here's a look at some favorites for the week.  Be sure to read the first one - I'm asking for travel advice regarding our trips this spring and summer.


ONE
First of all, please help me out with some travel planning for our spring and summer vacations.  I have our transportation and lodging booked, but I'd love to know if you have any recommendations for RESTAURANTS or ACTIVITIES for:
  • Wimberley/Dripping Springs area of Texas
  • Puerto Rico
  • Durham/Chapel Hill, NC
  • Shenandoah National Park
  • Williamsburg, VA


TWO
Can you believe these Trader Joe's roses are still going strong a week and a half later?  I'm loving this DW Vanilla Bean candle I picked up at TJ Maxx.



THREE
Can't stop, won't stop with my landscaping dreams!  😂 On Monday, we had our last bit of sunshine and I bought a few more plants to fill in some spaces.  The last things on my to-buy list are 3 knockout roses for the front flower bed and some impatiens for the back flowerbed.  These aren't out in stores yet, so I'll have to wait a bit.



FOUR
As usual, Timehop is just my favorite thing for reminiscing.  Each morning, I open it and look at all our memories!  We still love homemade pizza so I loved seeing these pictures from 10 years ago.  Those little hands...priceless.


FIVE
After a little break, I decided to resubscribe to my favorite beauty box - Sephora Play.  These boxes are fun because Grace and I can share them.  Between the two of us, we always find things that we like and use.  With a price of $10, this is a fun little luxury.


Here's a look at the contents.  Grace took the perfume and the eyeliner.  I got all the skin creams!





SIX
Have you heard of this Lysol Laundry Sanitizer?  I heard about from the Instastories of BrittsFavThings.  I have started adding it to all my laundry, especially when I wash in cold water.  It smells good too!  The reviews on Amazon are excellent - lots of people use it for potty training accidents, elderly bed linens, and pet beds.  The price on Amazon is the same as our local stores.



SEVEN
Now that driver's ed and the school play are finished, we have a little more time in the evenings.  We had fun this week playing this game - Loaded Questions on the go - a few nights.  It's quick and brought lots of laughs.  (It looks like the card game has been discontinued, but the original game is here.)



A cozy dog picture to wish you a relaxing weekend.



Yup...


In Case You Missed It...


Come back Monday for Media Monday!


Linking to:
Five on Friday with Smidge of This
Friday Favorites with Andrea, Narci, and Erika
High Five for Friday with  Whitney, Becky, Tif, and Della
Friday Loves Link Up with The Blended Blog
Best of the Weekend with Calypso in the Country
{Affiliate Links}



10 comments

  1. Love your Friday Favs. Those roses are gorgeous! I’ve never done the Sephora box, looks fun. I hope you have a super sweet weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those roses are beautiful! Lots of fun places y'all are visiting this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need that Lysol detergent with occasional potty accidents that smell is hard to get out!!! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:35 AM

    That stairs thing CRACKED ME UP! I would extend that to picking ANYTHING up from ANYWHERE haha! Like you I am getting into a gardening frenzy - it is come this time of year you realise just how much there is to do and how rotten everything is looking - but so nice to bring new life into the ground. Thanks for the Bodyguard tip the other week- I am up to episode 4 and thanked you for it on my blog. It is AMAZING - I was GUTTED for him about her though - I wanted them to end up together, him fighting her corner - sob sob sob!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of your list of possible travel places, the only one I've been to is Puerto Rico. It was nice there. We took a cruise from there but we also spent a bit of time and went to a rain forest before we went back home. Dave got me tulips from Trader Joe's - hope they last as long as your roses have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Sephora Play box looks so fun! Maybe I'll share with my daughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is not much to do in Wimberley except walking and shopping on the square. Last time we were there, it was before the huge flood in the Hill Country, so I think most of the restaurants we ate at were washed out. You do have to stop at Papa Hoos's popcorn though. It is on the square and it wonderful! I would make my husband stop and get me some anytime he had to do a furniture delivery up in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sound like wonderful vacation destinations but I haven't visited any of them so I have no suggestions... sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK - keeping my eye out for that detergent - I love anything with the word "Sanitizer" on it :)
    I thought about my roses this morning too & thought they've made it over a week - they still look beautiful as well. I'm so glad - when you pay so much for flowers & they last like 3 days, that irks me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, I know nothing about those places, but would love to fold myself up in your suitcase! Fun trips ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!