Hello Monday, Hello Heat! We have been trying to stay cool lately during our little heat wave. I say it's a heat wave, but really it's just July and August in Houston. It was also a quiet week since we're trying to stay home when possible because of Covid numbers in our area.
Here's a look at a MEDLEY of favorites for this Monday.
Jack and I ventured out to a different walking trail one morning this week. It was really nice because it was shaded the entire time. We walked almost 4 miles...can you tell Albie was a little hot?
After the walk, we went over to a dog park. Albie had a great time cooling off in some mud puddles. Thank goodness there was a dog wash at the entrance to the park.
Speaking of dogs, we're enjoying dogsitting Boomer for a few days!
I mentioned that it's been HOT and here's the proof. A high of 102 with the Houston humidity means a heat index of 115. And when it doesn't dip below 80 at night, the AC works really hard 24 hours a day just to keep up.
Like everyone else, I had to try some homemade bread. I used this recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction and it was delicious. I took this picture of the bread right before I put it in the oven.
Have you heard of the grandmillenial movement? I saw a video from The Daily Connoisseuer and found it so interesting. Apparently, what's old is new again with needlepoint, botanical prints, traditional wood furniture, and antiques gaining popularity. Of course, it made me instantly think of Grace sewing her retro dresses!
I don't know about you, but I can barely stand to watch or read the traditional news anymore. I'm enjoying this email newsletter with just the barebones headlines from multiple sources.
*Did you know that your "rights" change when your child turns 18? You no longer have access to their medical records or the right to direct their medical care in an emergency. There are some important legal documents you can draw up if you have a child reaching adulthood. You can read more about it here: Clark Howard - Have a Kid in College?
*Speaking of college, we have started shopping for Grace's dorm room. Later this week, I'm planning to post some of our dorm room finds. In the meantime, here is a college packing list for guys and for girls.
*Anyone else a fan of Little House on the Prairie? I LOVED this show...it was just a quintessential part of growing up in the 70s and 80s. And I have to admit, I thought I looked a little like Laura Ingalls! CBS Sunday Morning had a story on Melissa Gilbert this week - click here to check it out on YouTube.
*In Case You Missed It... check out my Prime Purchases post from last Tuesday.
I hope you have a wonderful week!
Grab our graphic and link up below!
Heather - My Glittery Heart
Johannah - The Sirois Family
Lindsay - Lindsay's Sweet World
Tanya - The Other Side of the Road



No comments
Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!