Friday Favorites {April 26}


TGIF - Happy Friday!  Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I hope you had a good week.  Mine really flew by, as we countdown the days until Grace's graduation.  I know this is the beginning of the busiest time of the school year for lots of my friends (both blog and real world.)  Let's all hang in there, and think of the coming summer days at the pool, lake or beach!  Here's a look at some favorites from this week.


1.  After many years of blogging, I decided to get a domain name.  It took me awhile to figure out how to add this successfully to my blog, but I finally got it to work.  The process is pretty easy, but I took some wrong turns and had to backtrack.  But all's well that ends well!

You can still get to the blog with the old url address, but you can update your links and bookmarks to https://www.theotherside-oftheroad.com/ if you'd like.  I'm excited about this new change on my blog! 



2.  As I mentioned earlier this week, I will be co-hosting a fun new link up next Thursday called Share Your Shelf.  Please come join us in linking up a recent post about the books you've read.  Bookish blogging is one of my favorite things, and I can't wait to read your recommendations.




3.  I bought the caramel syrup in the photo above from TJ Maxx.  I usually just add a splash of milk to my coffee, but I was inspired by the Torani ad in a magazine.  I'm looking forward to making some different drinks with the syrup, using the Torani recipe index on their website.  I will probably start with a cold iced coffee!



4.  I follow a blog here in Houston all about our weather - Space City Weather.  The author - a meteorologist - has gained fame for his no-hype weather coverage, especially during hurricanes.  I had to laugh about this headline earlier this week.  We had some cool, fresh days that felt so nice.  And after that? Well, the humidity has arrived in full force.  I think it was 98% today.



5.  Hopefully, no one is getting tired of the rose content here on the blog.  :D   This new rose bush put out its first bloom.  Look at that color.  It is the darkest red you can imagine.  The type of rose is called Mr. Lincoln.


6.  In honor of my 20th blogiversary coming later this year, I'm going to post some of my old blog headers each week.  The blog used to be called Ladybug and Honeybear, after my nicknames for the kids.  

This blog header was from around Christmas 2008, when I got my first DSLR camera.  I remember taking these pictures by the tree and being so impressed with the clarity and lighting from the "fancy" camera.  I made a new collage header every few months. Such precious pictures that bring back so many memories.









Have a wonderful weekend!


6 comments

  1. Will not tire of rose pictures! That´s cool that you got your first DLSR in 2008. I got mine about the same time- actually it was ´07 but close enough ;). I can absolutely remember the very first picture that I took with that camera (it was when Alyssa had just turned one which is how I remember the year precisely). Looking forward to seeing throwback pictures from back in the day. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsten7:13 AM

    LOVE the color of that rose! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the domain name! I used to make headers like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Grace and Jack, so little! Time has just flown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting the new domain name all set up! I don't think I ever tire of seeing pretty flower pictures. Glad you have had some really nice weather to enjoy before the humidity sets in. Those throwback headers are going to be so fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new domain name! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!