Happy 23rd Anniversary!


We had a really nice 23rd Anniversary weekend, with a dinner at a local Italian restaurant.  Unfortunately, I was in a haze of allergies all weekend that left me feeling tired and teary.  We still managed to enjoy an afternoon at the movies and our special dinner though!


We kicked off our Saturday by seeing the movie The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare.  We both really enjoyed this WWII movie, quirky and clever although very violent.  Then we headed over the the restaurant for our table for two.  

The dinner started with bruschetta with two different dipping sauces...delicious!



We shared grilled caprese for our starter.  



Michael ordered the filet.


While I enjoyed red snapper topped with crab.



The waiter surprised us with cheesecake for dessert to celebrate our anniversary.

It was extra special that our anniversary fell on a weekend this year!  

Hope you have a great start to your week.  

Linking to Hello Monday with Sarah and Holly

18 comments

  1. Is that little ramekin (with sauce in it) shaped like a heart?? Everything looks so good! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the whole restaurant had lots of heart shaped/themed items. It was like they decorated for Valentine's and then just kept using it. It was fun for an anniversary date!

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! I'm glad you were still able to enjoy a movie and delicious (and beautiful) dinner out together. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! That sounds like a wonderful weekend celebration; we nearly saw that same movie this weekend but ended up seeing the latest Ghostbusters movie with Ian instead. I hope your allergies are under control soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne. How was Ghostbusters?

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Your dinner sounds like it was delicous. Hope the allergies aren't as bad this week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Everything sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy Anniversary! You are both adorable and you look beautiful Tanya- hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful year ahead and maybe a fun trip or two in the works :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:57 PM

    Happy anniversary!! Looks great, despite your allergies!
    Sarah @ Sunshine & Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:37 PM

    happy anniversary and sorry about your allergies! We are 24 years this summer so very close!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy happy anniversary to y'all! I just love how happy y'all are together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary to you two and the food looked so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! Your food choices look amazing! Glad y'all had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary! Glad you got to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!