We had a good weekend, but it was one with very few pictures. The sun finally came out today, and here's a look at what we were up to.
Friday was Michael's day off, so we enjoyed some shopping and lunch at the Costco food court.
Fun times!
I took some inspiration from Whitney at Polka Dotty Place for an after school snack board.
Friday night, Jack played guitar for the Audience of One prayer room.
After that, we all went out for a late dinner of empanadas.
Saturday morning I woke up to every window in the house looking like this.
Needless to say, it was a humid day.
We had planned to walk/jog in the downtown Rodeo Run but decided against it for various reasons. (Slackers!) Grace and I some spring shopping, and Jack had a worship training session all afternoon. Grace had a few friends over Saturday night, and we ordered pizza.
On Sunday, the kids and I went to the confirmation service for some friends. These twin boys are Jack's age, and the service was at a Lutheran church further in town. It was a really small church and very traditional. This was an interesting change for us, since our current church is very contemporary. I was glad the kids got to experience a different style of worship, and I had lots of memories of my Catholic childhood.
Michael left for a business trip, and the kids worked on homework all afternoon. I had a little headache so I took it easy. And that's a wrap for our weekend!
You can see my other post today here:
Hello Monday with My Glittery Heart, The Sirois Family,


Oh my gosh! Our windows looked the exact same on Saturday morning, but it was only the top half of them. So weird. And then yesterday it was back in the 40s and 50s. No wonder I'm nearly coming down with a sinus infection!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a lovely weekend minus the headache. I do love the idea of the snack boards. Hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteLove the snack board! laurensparks.net
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lauren.
DeleteWe LOVE lunch at Costco, and on Friday afternoon, my dad, two youngest sons and myself all went there as well. My current favorite is their pizza...I seriously cannot get enough of it. Looks like your weekend was like mine~ kinda easy and low key. Our weather was so rainy here near Memphis, but on Sunday we woke up to blessed sunshine. My favorite! Happy Monday to you!
ReplyDeleteTheir cheese pizza is my fave! Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteI remember windows like that from our days in Virginia. That is one of the positives of CA. No humidity. Every so often there will be just a hint in the air and people are "oh it's so humid" and you can probably hear our eye rolls. LOL. Looks like a great weekend!!! Have a great week! XO
ReplyDeleteWhat a great weekend! I am so thankful the sun is shining again! :) I think I want to eat all my food off of boards now since seeing Whitney post so many ;)
ReplyDeleteThat board looks so good! I like when my kids go to other synagogues for services and they can learn about the differences between ours and the others around us. Glad you had a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteYour snack board looks amazing!! Whitney's boards are always so creative and they make my tastebuds water... It's such a fun way to fancy up a snack!
ReplyDeleteMy hair just frizzed up looking at your humidity windows
ReplyDeleteThat snack board looks amazing. My girls would love that.
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I often enjoy errand dates; they're actually a fun way to get things done.
ReplyDeleteWe do these a lot on his Friday's off!
DeleteSo sorry about the headache. Oh that snack board, I’m on board, lol. Hope your week is off to a great start!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Andrea. I don't get nearly as many headaches as I used to, but it was still a bummer!
DeleteYes, just as Laura stated, our windows here looked just liked that too. Ugh! Snack board sure does look yummy. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteI love the after school snack board...my kids would gobble something like that up! I also think they would eat fruits and veggies if I stuck it on a board. I am glad you got some sunshine. What a fun weekend!
ReplyDeleteThat snack board looks amazing! So healthy and nutritious, yum!
ReplyDeleteOur windows used to do that same thing when we lived in Mississippi!! So glad your big kids enjoyed the snack board after school. My family loves them :)
ReplyDelete