Hello Monday! We had a long weekend, with an early release on Friday and no school on Monday. We didn't really make any special plans, which was just fine with everyone. Grace ended up hanging out with friends several times, and poor Jack was feeling sick. He doesn't have a fever, but just feels tired and a little congested. I hope it will pass soon! Here's a look at our weekend...
Look at this darling card! My aunt sent a Valentine's Day surprise of a gift card to a local nursery. They are opening a new store out in our area, and I can't wait to check it out. Thank you!
On Friday, the weather was picture perfect. Sunny skies and in the 70's! I spent some time getting our sprinkler system ready to run for the spring, and then sat by the pool for a while. After getting lots of blog friend recommendations, I started reading Slightly South of Simple
. I'm enjoying it so far. I've had a pretty "blah" reading month, so I'm hoping this will break the losing streak.
Albie seemed to know that he looked pretty as picture laying by the pool.
I'm glad I enjoyed some sunshine on Friday because the rest of the weekend was chilly and gray!
You might remember that last week we had all of our shrubs pulled out of the front flower beds. They were boxy and starting to show their age. On Saturday, Michael and I went out to buy lots of new plants! Despite the drizzly weather, it was fun to pick out a new look for the front yard. There are still a few spots to fill in, and the plants need to grow. But we are just thrilled with the new look so far. I like that you can now see the front porch instead of having a row of hedges there.
After all that yard work (and I can definitely feel my muscles today!), we took it easy for a little bit. Then we all took a family walk. Dinner and some tv and we called it a night.
On Sunday, we all had some church activities/volunteering. Jack went home early due to not feeling 100%. Grace went out for the afternoon with a friend, and I laid down to watch a movie with Jack. I also worked on planning our summer vacation. And just like that, the weekend is over!
Come back later this week when I'll be showing some recent Walmart shopping finds and also asking for vacation advice. I hope you have a great week. Be sure to link up with Hello Monday!
Hello Monday with My Glittery Heart, The Sirois Family,
{Affiliate Links}


A nice low-key weekend and the landscaping looks gorgeous! I hope Jack is feeling better and tell Albie he made a great model! Happy Monday!
ReplyDeleteYour pool and front yard landscaping looks SO good! I'm still in denial on all the yard work we need to accomplish this spring. Enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely weekend friend! Your landscaping looks amazing!!! Please come to Greenville and help me with my yard!! Ha!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry Jack isn’t feeling 100%...everyone except one of the kiddos and Aaron are under the weather...and I took 3 of the kiddos to the doctor this morning. It is just a SUPER germy season!!😩
Hope y’all have a great week!!!☀️
Your new landscape looks amazing!!! Love it and that pool view looks delightful as we are buried deep in snow up here :) Hope this book is great. I had a reading month like that in January!
ReplyDeleteYour pool looks so inviting. And, look at sweet Albie. Your new landscaping looks fantastic. I know you will enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteI hope Jack starts feeling better. My kids still have colds too!
ReplyDeleteSeeing your beautiful front yard makes me want one. Ours is seriously about the size of a large dining room table. Your pool pics always make me drool a little. LOL. Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend. Y'all have a great Monday! XO
ReplyDeletePlease let me know how that book is- sounds interesting! I would LOVE to lay by your pool- just beautiful! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope that Jack starts feeling better soon. What a fun weekend. I love your yard! I cannot wait to get plants. It is still super snowy and cold here, and we usually can't plant anything until the end of April. Happy Monday!
ReplyDeleteI Spy The Emperor's New Groove... that's in my top 5 Disney movies ... & it doesnt get any credit!!!! It's hilarious!
ReplyDelete& I'm super duper over the top jealous that you have a pool open & talking 70 degree temps. I'm looking out a window with snow blowing everywhere.
Sweet dog and very inviting pool! Your hard work shows in the beautiful landscaping, congrats on getting that big project done!
ReplyDeleteOh I am so jealous of the time spent by the pool! The warm weather can not get here soon enough.
ReplyDeleteYes, it seems that time does come eventually to most all landscape that it needs replacing. Ours is only 3 years old so that job will likely fall into the hands of the next owner of this house. We likely won't live here long enough to replace it. :o)) The pics of your dog by the pool are just beautiful! Have a great new week!
ReplyDeleteYour front yard looks awesome!! I am so jealous you can work on landscape already...we are lucky if we can start in May:) Hope your son is feeling better...my son and I have a similar illness going on.
ReplyDeleteThank you for hosting! laurensparks.net
ReplyDelete