Friday Favorites


Happy Friday!

Because of the July 4th holiday, this Friday falls into a wonderful 4-day weekend for many.  I hope you had a relaxing and festive Independence Day.  As many others have said, I absolutely can't believe it is July already.  Where is 2019 going?

Here's a look at some favorites this week...


ONE - I was so excited to win a giveaway!!  Lauren at All About That Mommy Life just celebrated her one year blogiversary.  She is such a sweet blogger with toddler Lily Grace (love that name) and another baby on the way.  Lauren  blogs about mom life, fashion, travel, and books.  She is a regular participant in Prime Purchases, and I've enjoyed getting to know her more through her blog and comments!  She was gracious enough to give me the option of a Nordstrom OR Amazon gift card for FIFTY DOLLARS!  I picked Amazon.  Thank you so much, Lauren, for the fabulous giveaway and for making the blog world a little a lot more positive and happy!




TWO - The guys came back from their BVI sailing trip with lots of stories and memories...and pictures.  Hopefully, I will organize and post these over the weekend.  They had such a fun time.  And the best part of an all guys trip...no drama!



THREE - I am missing this girl like CRAZY!  She is away for 2 weeks at an academic program, and the house is very quiet without her.  She is having a good time, going to class and living in the dorm.  It is a little preview for her of life next year.  

And she just called this morning with some great news.  She ROCKED her AP tests - English, Spanish, US History and Physics.  She earned a 5 (highest score) in all of them, except a 4 in Physics.  Hopefully this will count as some college credit in the future.  Each university has a different policy so we'll have to wait and see.  Way to go Grace. 


2014

2019 

FOUR - The end of July marked the 5 year anniversary of us moving back from England and into this house.  That just blows my mind.  It feels like yesterday.  And that officially makes this house the one that the kids have lived in the longest.  And me too!



FIVE - We had a very laid back 4th, with some pool time, grilling steaks, and popping a few firecrackers in the street.   I made the snack spread below another night this week.





And here's what we'll be up to the rest of the weekend!



Did you see my Prime Purchases post this week?  
Come back August 6 to link up your online shopping finds.


Linking to:
Friday Favorites with Andrea, Narci, and Erika
High Five for Friday with  Whitney, Becky, Tif, and Della
Best of the Weekend with Calypso in the Country
{Affiliate Links}

9 comments

  1. Yay for a 4-day weekend! I am certainly taking advantage of some much needed time off! Congrats on the giveaway! Grace is just bouncing through life and pre-college days and I'm over here in a corner crying and sucking my thumb because Alise sits for the ACT for the first time next Saturday! Have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that Grace is for sure one smart cookie! Katie is taking the GRE this morning and will be over the moon to have that behind her. She's been studying like a maniac between her 3 X 12 hour shifts at the hospital. Poor kids is having quite the summer. 🤪 Congrats on winning the gift card. So fun!!! Your snack tray look both delish and patriotic. I think I could eat that way every night. HA! Happy weekend!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool giveaway to win - perfect for your next Prime post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Grace!! She is rocking it!! And I am so glad your boys had a great time vacationing and sailing. How fun for them! And also glad you guys had a nice relaxing 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your festive food for the 4th looked so good!! What a fun week with exciting news :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, your 4th of July spread looks so yummy. We are Weight Watching over here and I am hungry!! We sat in our hot tub tonight and talked about food. How sad!

    Your home is beautiful. I first came across your blog shortly after the hurricane damage to your home. You have worked so hard and it is shows. Just lovely. What a wonderful place for your children to call home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the giveaway win and congrats to Grace on her AP scores!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you are having a great summer! Congrats to Grace too! I love the photo of them in front of your house...time sure does fly! Thanks for linking up to Best of the Weekend this past week. Your post was one of my features! Congrats and have a wonderful weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!