Currently July 2023


Today I'm linking up with Jennifer at Overflowing with Thankfulness to talk about what I'm currently loving, savoring, celebrating, remembering, and trying.

Before

After

LOVING :: the transformation in our backyard.  This week the landscapers removed about 4 inches of sand and gravel, reworked the sprinkler system, laid down soil and then sod.  Now we are watering it like crazy and will work on the flowerbeds soon.  The green grass already makes the view out the living room windows so much prettier.



SAVORING :: our family time this summer.  Jack is living at home, and Grace has been coming home on the weekends from the downtown area.  So I am just treasuring what may be the last time everyone is in one city for the whole summer!  I'm glad to have the move behind us so I can enjoy this time!





CELEBRATING :: the 4th of July in a low key way.  Jack kicked it off by bringing home some red, white and blue donuts.  Later in the day, we went to see the Indiana Jones movie and then just relaxing at home.  (Our rating for the movie...go see it if you don't have anything else to do.  Better yet, watch the original Indiana Jones on tv!)  Grace and Jack played some video games.  Then Grace headed back to the medical center, and Jack had a friend over.  Michael and I just worked on keeping Albie calm with all the neighborhood fireworks!


REMEMBERING :: to go out for coffee every Saturday morning.  We tried another new coffee shop, and still haven't beat our favorite.  Our favorite just happens to be the one closest to our house!



TRYING :: to keep walking despite the heat!  If I get out before 6:30am, it is a really nice walk along our neighborhood lakes.  The views are so pretty!  I still come home soaked, but it's better than when the sun comes up.


And Grace is trying her hand at weaving.  She made a loom out of cardboard box and worked on this cat/moon pattern over the weekend.  Very creative!  My mom loved weaving and had a large wooden loom, so I thought it was cool that Grace came up with this interest on her own.

I hope you had a great holiday weekend!  

10 comments

  1. The lawn is looking fabulous!! We went to see the new Indiana Jones movie this weekend after binging all of the others over our latest vacation. My youngest has been a huge Indiana Jones fan from the time he was only 4 or 5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, the backyard looks great with the grass. It sounds like you had a nice 4th and I feel bad for the dogs as the fireworks are so hard on them. My dog hated the loud fireworks too. How nice to go out for coffee on Saturdays. I think that is a great idea. I love the weaving that Grace is working on. Enjoy the rest of the week and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Backyard is moving right along. Know you will be glad to have all the yard improvements done. Seems it is always a work in progress. I so well remember the last time both of our kids were at home, a most bittersweet time. But, a part of God's grand design, give them wings and let them fly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Albie! I'm surprised that ours aren't bothered by fireworks. Your yard looks amazing, and that lake view is so pretty that you get to see on morning walks. I can't believe it's that hot before 7! I think if I lived in Texas I would melt. I'm so glad you joined in today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:53 AM

    Wonderful! Those donuts look amazing and I'm actually glad your favorite coffee shop is the closest. The walk around the lake looks beautiful. I wet my hair and it goes a long way to staying cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how neat that Grace is trying out weaving! She is just so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yard looks great! I like the idea of trying a new coffee shop every weekend. We'd been doing something similar but lost momentum when my husband had to work on Saturdays. The weaving project looks good - what a neat interest to pursue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your backyard transformation is amazing! I love the idea of Saturday coffee --and trying new places. The weaving project is amazing --I never would have thought of that. Hadley has cross stitched a couple of things, and I remember doing that as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your yard is looking so great! Enjoy all the family time this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, the weaving looks like it's going well. What a fun image. I had a pretty low key 4th of July too which was nice.

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!