Weekend Wrapup

 


Hey y'all!  How was your weekend?  Ours was good, although we missed Michael.  He is in the London area on a business trip.  I'm a little jealous, but hoping I can hop over there with him sometime soon.  Here's a look at what we were up to this weekend.


We went to see Barbie on Friday night.  Grace met us there from work, and we ate dinner in the theater.  We all liked the movie.  I gave it a 6 / 10...it was entertaining and funny.  It definitely has a man-bashing vibe, but overall it was a fun movie.  I would say if you're not going in a group to see it, maybe wait for streaming?  I'm glad we had a night out though, complete with dinner in our reclining movie seats.


On Saturday, I finally made it to the neighborhood pool.  It is so nice and I had it to myself for awhile.  Eventually a few kids were in the pool, but I was happy to see it pretty empty on a Saturday morning.  I kept thinking about how the kids would have loved the slides and splash area when they were little!  I read my Kindle and just soaked up some sun, getting into the water every so often.  Very relaxing!

For lunch, I picked up Chick Fil A for Grace and myself.  Jack was at work for the day.

I listened to some podcasts and found this new one...did you know Elin Hilderbrand has a podcast?  She interviews other authors.  It's really interesting!


This headline on the front of an AARP magazine gave me a laugh.  I guess that's my age group now!



When Jack got home Saturday, he mowed the grass and I did some other yard work.  Then we watched "Brother Where Art Thou" - fun movie with George Clooney.

On Sunday, I went to church for the first time in awhile.  It's so easy to get out of the habit, and I hope to get back in the routine of going!  The rest of the day was just spent relaxing.  Jack was at work, and Grace practiced her research presentation that she will give this week.

For dinner, we tried going to the new Shake Shack that just opened in our area.  It was packed, so we just went to Whataburger instead.


On our drive home, we saw a turtle in the road.  We decided to turn around and take him to the lake.  When we went back for him, the poor thing was trying to climb the curb on the side of the road and was stuck. Grace hopped out and we rescued him.



I'm sure he was happy to get back to his lake home!

We wrapped up the night with Grace heading back to the medical center for her last week and Jack having a few friends over for a movie.  It was a good weekend!

Have a marvelous Monday, friends!

13 comments

  1. Anonymous5:17 AM

    What a nice weekend!!

    Lauren @ Don’t Mind Our Mess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get to go to London with Michael sometime in the near future! I know you love it there and would love to go back. What you said about church is so right; once you don't go for a couple of weeks, it's easy to keep not going. We have all done that kind of thing, and while livestreaming is mostly wonderful, it's also been beneficial in keeping us away. On a lighter note, that pool is beautiful! How wonderful to have access to such a beautiful place while not having to care for it yourself. I can't imagine what a relief that is for you! I'm glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about the pool. Every once in awhile I miss our pool, but then I think of all that work and the expensive chemicals!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous6:20 AM

    Yay for saving the turtle! I had the same thoughts on Barbie! I hope you do get to go to London soon. There is a new flight out of Cincinatti - an hour and a half from us - that is direct into Heathrow for only $600 if you do carry on only.
    The pool is amazing for a neighborhood pool! I miss the days of taking my little kids to the pool as that was some of the happiest times for me as a mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's quite a deal on the flight to London! I agree about thinking back on sweet memories with the kids at the neighborhood pool...such happy days!

      Delete
  4. That is so sweet you saved the turtle. I am not sure I want to see Barbie although Gabbie wants me to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a pretty great weekend. I moved a turtle off the road this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dinner at the movie sounds fun! When I was young, I loved turtles and collected them. I once had a pet turtle that I named Rocky, since that was my favorite movie in the 70's. I will have to check out my upcoming AARP magazine for those articles, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dinner at the movie is an expensive outing, but fun every once in a while. That's so funny - I had a pet turtle when I was little too!

      Delete
  7. What an amazing neighborhood pool! I wish we had something like that in our neighborhood! We still haven't seen Barbie but I'm hoping to see it really soon. I've heard really good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did figure I would wait to stream the Barbie movie at home.. but then I'm not usually very good at remembering to stream it later either. I rarely watch movies by myself. That neighborhood pool looks amazing; neighborhood pools just aren't a "thing" up here in New England but I sure would love one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in a huge master planned community that has a lot of pools and other amenities to use. It's really nice!

      Delete
  9. Does he get to travel to places like London often? That's so cool! I'm jealous too, lol! I haven't had much interest in the Barbie movie but I do think it would be fun with a group. I just enjoy going to the movies no matter the movie. Your neighborhood pool looks amazing! Shake Shack is so good. I would love it if we got one around here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!