Summer Bucket List


My summer bucket list is a little late this year, but better late than never.  Last year was the first year I made a bucket list just for me, instead of our usually summer list for the kids.  So that will be my focus again this year.  To be honest, it has been so *%# HOT here that none of us have felt like doing much besides sitting in the air conditioning.  But here's my grown-up list for this summer.  I'm adding a check mark if I've already done it.


✔️Celebrate Grace's 21st birthday

✔️Go on a family vacation to Vancouver

✔️Move (Whew, glad that's checked off the list!)

☀️Go see some summer movies -
        ✔️Little Mermaid
        ✔️Guardians of the Galaxy
        ✔️Indiana Jones
        Mission Impossible
        Oppenheimer
        Barbie
 
☀️Work on Christmas embroidery kit

✔️Work on landscaping front and back flowerbeds

🍍Volunteer at the library after a brief break with the move

☀️Walk Albie at least 3 days per week

🍍Lift weights 1-2 days per week at the Y

🩴Make S'mores

☀️Family movie night at home

🍍Go to the neighborhood pool

🩴Plan a fall trip to see the kids at college

☀️Plan an empty nester fall vacation

🍍Go to a play or concert as a family

🩴Go out for a special dinner before kids go back to school

☀️Catch up with friends I haven't seen in awhile

🍍Have a homemade pizza night

🩴Brainstorm for fall/winter blog posts

☀️Continue our Saturday morning coffee dates

🍍Go out for Mexican food before kids move away from Tex-mex heaven :D

🩴Make sure G and J have everything they need for their apartments 

☀️Drive with Jack to Auburn for move-in (Michael will go with Grace)


Since we're about halfway done with summer, I think that will just about wrap up my list!

What's on YOUR summer bucket list?

10 comments

  1. Anonymous6:17 AM

    Love this! I am going to update how I've done so far next week - I think. I also plan to do a fall bucket list. It gives me something to look forward to when I am sad and missing the kids living at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great attainable list of fun things to do this summer! I am excited to see the Barbie movie. My friend's having a birthday party and we're starting off her celebration by seeing the movie together. I can't wait to see it! I'm excited to hear about your neighborhood pool. If you go early enough, you'll be the one of the few there, I can almost guarantee. Have a great day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of summer fun planned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list! How was the Indiana Jones movie? Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun list! I have no doubt you'll pack in all the fun and family time in the coming weeks. If you're looking for suggestions on blog posts - I'd love to hear about college care packages you send Jack & Grace or how you get kids things they need once the semester starts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many fun things! And I know you're so excited to have moving checked off the list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tanya, I love your summer bucket list. I feel like the summer is rushing by so fast and I hope you can tick off a lot on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a fun list...a great mix for everyone! I can't believe summer is slipping away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice list! I guess Jack is moved in now? I'm so behind on reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!