Hello Monday, friends! How was your weekend? We had a nice one with some walking, yard work, and a date day in the city. I'll fill you in on more details on Wednesday. Will you be watching the eclipse? We have a partial eclipse here, and I think we will just look out the windows at the few minutes of darkness!
Today I'm linking up to the Share Our Lives blogs to talk about favorite hair and makeup products. My routine is pretty simple and hasn't changed much over the years. In fact, I wrote about this about a year ago here. Let's take a look.
What I use on my face as a foundation really depends on the kind of day I'm going to have. If I have a day where I am doing work around the house or running to the store, I will just wear the Covergirl powder. I have used this for years and love the coverage. If I have something going on, I will wear the Wet-n-Wild Photofocus foundation. And sometimes I will just use a light layer of the BB cream.
I love my Julep eye crayons for a really fast finish on my eyelids. I have been using the Elf eyebrow pencil and Rimmel eyeliner for years. I also have the eyeliner in brown.
I love trying new mascaras, and have used everything from IT cosmetics to Tarte to Loreal and more. Right now I have the Voluminous mascara, as well as the Wet-n-Wild Waterproof.
A few years ago, I ordered a few items from a big holiday sale at Tarte. Somehow the shipments got messed up and I received several duplicates. I am still enjoying the extra eyeshadow palette! I use this when I feel like taking a few extra minutes in my routine.
If I am not wearing my contact lenses, I use a drop of Lumify to brighten my eyes.
It is a miracle worker!
For my haircare, lately I have been using a colorsafe shampoo from Aveeno. I like it and hope it makes my color last and stay "not brassy." My haircolor comes with a "purple" conditioner that I use throughout the month.
After washing, I lightly apply one squirt of the Moroccan Oil to damp hair. This large bottle has lasted years. I also like this product to smooth down my hair if it feels frizzy.
Most of the time I let my hair dry naturally, but if I need to dry I use this brush styler. Before using a flatiron or curling iron, I use the heat primer. And then finish with hairspray.
My hair care has changed a lot over the years. For a long time, I had to wash every night. Now I can usually go 3-4 days between washes, so everything feels a lot easier.
I can't wait to read everyone else's beauty recommendations. When I was little, I wanted to be a cosmetologist for awhile so I love trying new makeup and hair products!
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Linking to Talking About it Tuesday with Joanne at Slices of Life



Our area will experience a total eclipse and it´s a very big deal here- schools are canceled, there are all kinds of viewing events, products one can buy, constant news coverage about, etc. That is neat that you were sent extra of a product! I will have to try some of the products that you recommend. I am always looking for new things to try as well. Have a great Monday!
ReplyDeleteI get so many ideas from this kind of post! Hope you enjoyed.
DeleteWe're 98% here for the eclipse, and like Maria, our schools are closed today. One of our sons is going into Arkansas to see it in totality again like we did back in 2017. It was cool to see it at 100%, but if you've seen it once, you've seen it a lot. I'll go outside to watch it get dark, but I may not even look at it with glasses. I loved reading about your hair and makeup routine! I didn't write a post about it, but I may do this later, because I love knowing what people use. I love watching videos of the same thing! I didn't know you wanted to be a cosmetologist; I didn't want to do that for a living, but for two years I worked at a makeup store in our area called Merle Norman. It was the most fun job ever, and I loved doing makeup on young girls going to prom or who were in weddings! Have a great day, my friend!
ReplyDeleteI always had teacher, doctor, and hair stylist on my list.
DeleteLove that eye shadow palette!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Holly! It is so good and lasts forever.
DeleteWe also saw totality in 2017 like Jennifer said! We get 80% this time and I might sneak a peak. Thanks for the makeup ideas!
ReplyDeleteIF I wear makeup that Cover Girl powder is what I use for foundation too. We have 92-95% totality for the eclipse today so I did get us some glasses and we'll go outside at some point to seem some/ most of it...
ReplyDeleteOBSESSED with the moroccan oil hair treatment!! And the rimmel eyeliner is the GOAT!
ReplyDeleteI remember when you recommended the eyeliner years ago!
DeleteHow fun to learn you wanted to be a cosmetologist. Yes, we do use a lot of the same products. I also use different foundations based on what I am doing that day. I need to try the elf eyebrow pencil.
ReplyDeleteIt's good and SO inexpensive.
DeleteWe got 99% totality and it was very cool. Although it didn't get nighttime dark it definitely got darker and cooler. It was very neat to experience from our backyard with eclipse glasses! And Covergirl reminds me of the make up I wore when I was a teen. I need to figure out how to only wash my hair every 3-4 days. I'd love to not have to wash it every other day!
ReplyDeleteI think my scalp is just less oily as I've gotten older. Yes Covergirl is definitely a blast from the past.
DeleteI love seeing what make up other people use. I love that eye shadow palette.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kim!
Deletelove your eyeshadow colors
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteI feel like my eye shadows last forever! I used to always wash my hair every other day, but ever since Covid, I've gotten away with two days a week...usually Tuesday and Saturday. I guess during that time, I got lazy and stayed lazy with hair washing...haha (and I've discovered dry shampoo when needed)
ReplyDeleteDry shampoo can be a lifesaver!
DeleteTanya, I ran out of my Laura Mercier eye crayon and remembered that you use the Julep and ordered two colors and I love them. They work well and it's less expensive than the LM eye crayons. I enjoyed looking at the products you use.
ReplyDeleteI love that Covergirl powder and have been using it for years. I carry everywhere in my purse for touchups!
ReplyDelete