A Little Red, White and Blue


I was so excited to pull out our first set of holiday decor in the new house, and 4th of July is one of my favorite themes!  Do we have any plans for the big weekend...no.  Do I have the decor out...yes!  Now we just need to figure out something fun for the weekend.  It is a little awkward with the 4th on a Tuesday.  I think Michael and Grace will just have that day off, not a 4-day weekend.  Anyway, let's take a look at the red, white, and blue decorations I pulled out of the closet.


In the living room, I added some red, white, and blue to the fireplace mantle.  I bought some tiny command hooks to put up the fabric garland.  I think all of the signs are from Hobby Lobby previous years.  I also added some battery operated tealight candles to the tall candle holders.  They automatically come on every night from 5-11pm.  

The photos are from our trip to Vancouver.  I had room for so many photos on our old entertainment center, and I miss that!  I decided I'm going to use the mantle to display recent pictures, not just the traditional baby/graduation/school photos.  This was a good start with some shots from our hikes in Vancouver.


Moving on to the kitchen, I put a few patriotic things on this two-tiered tray.  There are tea light candles in the little star tins so they light up too.




I filled this wooden tray with more decorative touches.  My mother-in-law gave me the little terrarium for Mother's Day, and it is thriving.  Imagine some red and white flowers in the blue vase on the right.  For now, it just has the flowers that I had on hand.  There is a yummy-smelling Glade candle in the white tin with stars.  And I picked up a new square for my display stand from our local Round Top Gallery store.  I picked one that is red, white and blue, but not a flag since I plan to keep this out throughout July.





The little key is not part of the decor, just something I found on the floor.  Moving is just crazy with things being lost and found for months (years?) afterward!




And just some red napkins and a patriotic vase for the kitchen table.  I hope you enjoyed this little touch of red, white, and blue decor.  I had so much fun putting it out in the new house!

See you Monday for the July edition of Prime Purchases!

13 comments

  1. I think Dave is only off Tuesday as well. Not sure about Gabbie. And Zachary leaves for his trip on Monday! So not much planned here yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so mad I never pulled out our 4th of July decorations. I guess it's not worth it at this point. Love your decor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely, Tanya! Where did you find the little display stand for the square? I just noticed that's it's a door with the blue wreath, so cute. Have a great 4th, whatever you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red, white, and blue decor is great!! I can barely keep my house picked up and ready for the next round of whomever is coming by. . .the older I get, the less I like to decorate - I'm so glad others do so I can still enjoy it, either online or in person :). Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya, I love how festive your mantel looks and the kitchen. We don't have any big plans due to the 4th being on Tuesday and my husband and daughter both have to work during the week, so we'll have a bbq at home and watch the fire works on tv. I hope you have a happy 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:49 PM

    I think you, me and Laura H all have that Land that I Love wooden sign! I have my decor out this year for the first time in forever. I feel like I was in a decorating fog the last 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of this and so fun to see your decor touches in the new house! I didn't pull out any patriotic decor this year, but maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how it all looks! I know you loved putting everything out in your new home. You've got it looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the patriotic decor as well. We're having 6 couples over for a mid day meal and I'm excited about getting the tables decorated and set. Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blue wreath sign on the display stand is just too cute! I love your place settings and the place mats are perfect! I'm sure decorating for a holiday helps you feel more settled in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks so festive for the 4th! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks great! It's going to be so exciting watching you decorate your new home for all of the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So so pretty Tanya! Patriotic decor is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!