Hello Monday, friends! I hope you had a good weekend filled with summer fun. Here's a look at a few highlights from our weekend.
Friday I walked in the morning with the group from church. We got started at 7:15am, and that made the heat a little more tolerable. I'm so thankful I found this group, even though I only occasionally go on Friday's. It is nice to have the group chat with support from friends.
After I got home and cooled off, Jack talked me into re-joining the Y. We have a brand new facility near our new neighborhood, and he has been going almost everyday for weight lifting. I had put my membership on pause due to inactivity, but he convinced me to give it another go.
Michael got home late Friday night, after a long day of travel. Air travel right now is kind of crazy. His flight was delayed for over 3 hours, and I know several people who have dealt with much longer delays and cancellations. We were so happy to see him! It took him a long time this weekend to recover from the jet lag.
I was so excited to see what treats he brought back from England. Cadbury chocolate...yum! Bendick's was new to me, and a delicious dark chocolate mint.
He brought some Indian spices for Grace.
I think I mentioned that Cath Kidston is closing down.
Look at this fun advent calendar, along with my very last CK bag!
Eeeek...I was so excited about this one! When Michael said he was going into Fortnum and Mason, I jumped online to peruse the Coronation items. I asked him to pick up the commemorative cup if he saw it. Look at this beautiful box! I had seen this video about the artist that created this design.
This up is just beautiful and such a treasure to me! I have put it away in its box and will use it for special occasions I think.
On Saturday, we went to a new coffee shop to continue our weekend tradition. This one (Ziggi's) was just ok. I missed the real cups with frothy art on my latte, and the food was average in taste. It was still a nice morning out, with a quick trip to the grocery store afterward.
Later in the day, Grace came home for a one-night stay. We had a family dinner with grilled chicken, corn on the cob, salad, and apple pie. Then Jack went to play guitar at his regular gig.
On Sunday, I wasn't feeling well in the morning with a headache and upset stomach. I started feeling a little better after lunch, and Grace and I went to see the Little Mermaid. We both loved it! The imagery and underwater scenes are incredible, and I loved that they pretty much stayed true to the original Disney classic.
We wrapped up Sunday, with Jack getting home from a full day of work and the guys watching a movie. We also worked on hanging some more things in the "man cave."
On a side note, I feel like the lighting and focus has been "off" on my iPhone pictures. I have an iPhone 10 and looked up "decreased camera photo quality." It seems to be a problem with some others, so I am going to play around with the settings to see if I can restore the quality. Anyone else run into this issue? I know that battery life becomes an issue as a phone ages. Maybe this is something else that goes downhill?
Hope you have a marvelous Monday!



What a great weekend! I'm glad you started feeling well better yesterday to enjoy the rest of the weekend. How fun that you and Grace spent quality time together during her visit. I know you love having them all at home. I hope you have a great day, my friend!
ReplyDeleteI find air travel so stressful right now. We all saw The Little Mermaid and enjoyed it too!
ReplyDeleteI know...air travel...it worries me for our trip to Italy in August-eek! Yes my pics have gone way down hill and I have the 12 max pro or pro max always forget?! ha! Anyway- please share what you learn! Love all of the treats your son brought back :)
ReplyDeleteI have been hearing horror stories of air travel right now; so glad Michael finally made it home. All the goodies and treats look wonderful.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great keepsake from the Coronation! Ugh, I always hate to hear of travel delays. I travel in a few weeks and have a long layover in case we get delayed. I want to go see Little Mermaid soon! Glad to hear a review.
ReplyDeleteThe gifts are so thoughtful. I love the commemorative mug..it's so pretty! Hadley and I just saw the Little Mermaid today...it was amazing.
ReplyDeleteThose are the best treasures from England!! That commemorative cup is beautiful. I'm so glad Michael made it home without too much trouble - I've heard flying is kind of crazy right now. Your walking group sounds great and so does rejoining the Y. I bet that'll really come in handy with the Texas heat.
ReplyDeleteI have been seeing the news reports about issues with flights lately. I'm so nervous about our flight next week. Love the gifts Michael brought back for ya'll. I've been contemplating joining a gym with the summer heat...Wish we had a Y here.
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely goodies from England! I've seen Bendicks available at the British food store I shop at online, but I've never tried their dark chocolates. Such a shame about Cath Kidston. Your Coronation mug is beautiful, love that Michael shopped at Fortnum & Mason!
ReplyDelete