On our last day in Vancouver, we drove up the Sea to Sky Highway. This route can get crowded, so I wasn't sure how far we would go. The traffic was light, so we were able to drive all the way to Whistler.
This was one of the prettiest drives we've ever taken, hugging the coastline and surrounded by water and mountains. Lots of twists and turns kept Michael on his toes! This was a wonderful day trip to get out of the city and see some beautiful scenery.
These stock photos show how stunning the drive is!
Our first stop along the way was Shannon Falls. One nice thing about this route is that it is perfect for our favorite drive'n'hike travel style. There are several stops where a stunning waterfall is just a short hike from the highway/parking lot.
Before we even got to the falls, we had to stop at this scenic spot for some pictures.
Daddy's girl!
The sunshine and cool temperatures were perfect!
Beautiful Shannon Falls
Jack was impressed with this Ferrari in the parking lot.
Our next waterfall stop was Brandywine Falls. This covered bridge was charming.
I can't tell you what a bright blue this lake in the distance was!
(Looking at a map, I think this is called Daisy Lake.)
The power of this 70 meter waterfall was so impressive.
Mom's happy when the kids send me selfies.
As we walked further along, we saw a rainbow on the falls.
I didn't really think we'd get all the way to Whistler since many of the travel vlogs I had watched showed bumper to bumper traffic. So I hadn't planned any activities in Whistler. We parked and grabbed lunch and some ice cream.
Vancouver was home to the 2010 Winter Olympics. I can just imagine how bustling and busy Whistler is during ski season!
On the drive back, we stopped at Tantalus Lookout for an incredible view. These mountains are on the west side of the road and only accessible by trails. So beautiful and untouched.
And that's a wrap on our Vancouver trip. We flew out the next morning and then moved the next day!
On the flight home, I'm pretty sure I saw Mount Rainier in the cloudy distance. It was just the right place and time to see it, and it was much more stunning in person than the photo shows. What a special way to finish up our trip to Vancouver!
Vancouver










That drive looks amazing. When I was in Alaska we drove into the Yukon and that was the most beautiful drive! It looks somewhat similar with that bright blue lake!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing family trip you took Tanya. Thanks for taking us a long on your trip. I enjoyed reading and looking at the photos.
ReplyDeleteMy goodness, what gorgeous pictures! Home and moved the next day. You deserve a trophy for that for sure!
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful photos!!
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful views! They remind me of a lot of the scenes from Hallmark shows. I have read they film a lot of shows near Vancouver.
ReplyDeleteThose waterfalls are spectacular! My husband went skiing in Whistler one winter and he still talks about how great the skiing was.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, that picture of the rainbow on the waterfall is just perfection. It looks fake because it's just so perfect! So cool that y'all saw a Ferrari, too. I don't know that I've ever seen one out and about like that before.
ReplyDelete