TGIF! For some reason, this week flew by for me! The first few days were unproductive due to a summer cold, but I'm feeling better now. Still a little congestion, but my energy is back. Here's a look at some favorites from the week.
ONE
I had to snap a picture earlier this week when the guys were both cooking their own dinners. Jack was making an Asian fried rice, while Michael made a Mexican rice mixture. And I got a pass on cooking dinner that night!
TWO
The sod is filling in nicely and finally seems past the point where I need to water it twice a day. This intense heat has made it a challenge! When I started feeling better, Jack and I went to the garden center to buy the landscaping plants. I had fun making such a big purchase and picking out all the colorful plants for the back flower bed. I just love how it looks, and will do a blog post soon. Everything is small right now, but it should fill in over the summer.
Our old yard was so shady that hibiscus wouldn't grow well. Now we have partial sun and I'm excited to see how these tropical plants do!
THREE
We went to Costco this week, and I picked up the new Magnolia Cookbook. This is her third book, and it was fun to add to my collection. I haven't made a bad recipe from these cookbooks yet!
FOUR
Jack and I went to Ikea on Thursday to look around. We planned to buy a nightstand for his Auburn apartment, but ended up buying a small dresser that he will use as a nightstand instead. It is in the flat pack box so it should be easy to move. We will be buying his mattress when we get there, so hopefully that will go smoothly.
FIVE
Did you shop Amazon Prime Days? I picked up a few things, and I enjoyed watching out for deals on things that I already had on my wish list. I did notice that many things were only 10-15% off, which really isn't much of a sale. I tried to just order things that had a bigger discount. Here's a look at some of my order. (Click the pictures to go to Amazon.)
* I wanted some contact/wireless chargers for nightstands in the house.
*I love following the account "Travel Tips by Laurie." She recommended this backpack. Now I just need to plan a trip!
*This Living Proof is a reorder for Grace. She says it lets her go 4 days between shampoos.
*I decided to get with the modern times and get a "belt/crossbody bag."
*Reorder of my whitening eye drops
*Plug for the study
*Bluetooth label maker
*Replacement for the black driving moccassins that were worn out
*These hair clips look very minimal in your hair, which I like.
*Some dip nails for Grace to try at home.
*An ice roller for Grace...but maybe I need this more than she does!
We have some plans with friends and family this weekend, so that will be a change of pace.
Hope you have a good weekend!



Look at those handsome guys of yours in the kitchen. Happy weekend sweet friend.
ReplyDeleteI didn't buy one thing from Amazon this week! Nothing in my cart or wishlists went on much of a sale, so I skipped out this year. I like the look of that backpack you ordered! I have one that's similar, but it's gray. I used it for when I worked at the school, but I've also traveled with it already and it works great. I love those hibiscus flowers! I can't wait to see what you picked for your flower beds. I wish I had a green thumb!
ReplyDeleteThe cooking picture is cute! I like that backpack. We bought a few things on Prime Day! Also tried to look for things with bigger discounts.
ReplyDeleteGreat purchases! So glad you are feeling better and I love the dueling rice makers in the kitchen!
ReplyDeleteI'll bet those were delicious rice dishes! The label maker looks neat, I label everything.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are feeling better. I got a label maker last year that may be the same product and really like it. Enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear you were sick last week. Glad it was short lived! Your backyard makeover is impressive! All those new plants will shine in that sunny backyard. I picked up a few things on prime day - new skillets, carpet/couch cleaner and some things for the kids for Christmas. I love those hair clips you shared. I love that they're less bulky than some that I've seen.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know bluetooth labelmakers exist! Added to my wish list.
ReplyDeleteTanya, the landscaping you did looks great! I like the backpack and the lulu lemon dupe bag. I have a bag like yours that I ordered on Amazon and I love it. These bags are a lot nicer that the fanny packs that used to be in style.
ReplyDeleteMy husband loves those wireless phone chargers.
ReplyDelete