Share 4 Somethings July


Hey y'all!  For today's Friday Favorites, I'm linking up with Share 4 Somethings with Jennifer at Overflowing with Thankfulness.  She'll have the link up going tomorrow...last Saturday of each month. Here's a look at what I've been loving, reading, learning, and eating.

LOVING
This week we had shutters installed on some of the windows in the house.  I'm loving this update to the house!!  These match the ones that are already on some of the windows, as well as the trim.  Shutters are a good investment in our area since they are seen as a selling feature for houses around here.  They also really block out the heat and sunlight, which helps keep the house cooler.

Once again, I don't know why my iPhone is taking such dark pictures.  Very frustrating!

Grace's room

Jack's room

Breakfast area
We didn't put shutters or blinds on the living room windows to keep a view of the yard.

Our bedroom - these make our room so dark at night since we have a streetlight on the street behind the house.  Love that the shutters block that light!


READING
I just posted my July Books blog, so be sure to go check that out.  I enjoyed every single book I read, so you'll find some real winners there.  Here are the audiobooks I currently have lined up on my phone from the library through the Libby app.  I'm sure I won't listen to all of these, but I certainly have lots of options for the next few weeks!


LEARNING

Grace ordered this do-it-yourself gel nail kit (actually a DIP kit...thanks, Jennifer!) for about $5 and we gave it a try on Saturday.  I couldn't believe how good this turned out!!  With total disclosure, I will let you know that I picked this off my nails after a few days.  But I think that was more a problem with ME instead of the quality of the kit.  It is probably not as good as the salon, but better than regular polish.  I'm going to try it again, but not pick at them!


EATING


I just can't get into a cooking groove this summer.  If it's not grilled, it's just not happening right now.  I did find these two winners at Sam's last week.  The salsa seriously tastes like restaurant quality.  Jack likes the frozen fried rice bowls.  They have chicken, but he adds more meat, an egg and veggies.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Michael is on a business trip, 
but the kids and I will be going to see the Barbie movie.

20 comments

  1. You did a great job on your nails with Grace's new nail kit. Is it gel or dip? When I clicked the link, it took me to a set with dip powder. I bought a kit last year, but I've yet to use it so far. It's similar to what Grace ordered...I keep thinking I'll start doing my own, but then I keep going to get them done. I'm rolling my eyes at myself. I love those new shutters! I hope you have the best weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a dip kit! I guess I didn't know there is a difference! Have a good weekend. :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't done my nails in so long. I plan to get them done later this month though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:13 AM

    Where did you get the guitar holder? THX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the Amazon link for the guitar holder: https://amzn.to/3q9uRQN

      Delete
  4. Your new shutters look so pretty! And I bet they really do help keep your house cool. Thanks for the Sams recommendations. I bet my family would love both the salsa and the fried rice. Your nails look really pretty. I never want to pay to have mine done so I should look into a kit on Amazon to DIY mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:34 AM

    I need to go to Costco and get easy stuff for dinners to help myself out for the first couple of weeks of school, so do not feel bad. It's very hard to cook when it's this hot. Heating things up in the air fryer sounds much more realistic.
    The nails look professional. I have the gel and find that it peels off after a few days and it might be user error because I put too much product. I just haven't felt like tackling it lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are using our air fryer a lot! So convenient!

      Delete
  6. I love shutters. We have them on all of our windows, and it's nice for privacy and keeping the house coolers/warmer...and they look pretty. They were definitely an investment, but I love the look too. Hadley loved the Barbie movie...she went to see it with friends. She told me she'd go with me if I wanted to see it. haha We'll see. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun and entertaining, but I'd say wait for it to come to streaming! :)

      Delete
  7. Your shutters look great! I'd love to have them in our house eventually, too! They're classic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:36 AM

    We had those shutters installed on all of our windows and I am IN LOVE with them. I took down almost every single window treatment we had, I think they are perfect stand-alone, very minimalistic and beautiful! Your nails look great! We actually bought a cheap light from amazon to dry our gel nails. I'm not a fan of nail salons, lol so that was a great fix for me, but I do love peeling off gel polish lol ! Hope you have a wonderful August! Enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the new shutters! I have bought my own dip powder set for nails, but I only used it a few times. Unless I keep it up, my nails seemed to get brittle, so I am trying to paint my nails with regular polish occastionally, but it only lasts about 1 day without chips, no matter what "long lasting, no chip" polish I try. Going to the salon does get expensive over time, but I have done that route in the past too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's frustrating about the polish!

      Delete
  10. I love the shutters! I think your nails look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the shutters, they are so pretty!! I decided a while back to paint my nails, painted one nail, and changed my mind, LOL! I just can't get back into it. I hope you have a great week! Visiting from Share Four Somethings. https://encounterswiththedavisfamily.blogspot.com/2023/07/share-four-somethings-july-2023.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tanya, both of your nails turned out great, so pretty. I've got to tell you your shutters are beautiful and oh so cozy.
    Visiting today fro Share 4 Somethings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love shutters! Yours are beautiful and look very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!