4th of July Weekend


Hello Monday, hello friends!  We had a good weekend just relaxing.  It was really hot, and we mainly stayed in the A/C.  I'm looking forward to hearing all about the kids' weekend - Grace was in Virginia and Jack was on the beach in Florida.  It's fun to hear about their adventures!  Let's take a look at our weekend.


On Friday, I walked and Michael met a friend for lunch.  In the afternoon, we went over to his mom's house for some repairs and to visit.  I picked up some groceries, including this new flavor of chips - Caesar Dressing.  They are delicious!




The dogs lounged around all weekend.  We always stay home on the 4th because Albie in particular does not like the fireworks.  Our area does not have any regulations on fireworks, so there are always a lot of explosions going off in the neighborhood.  For the last few years, we have given them half an ashwaganda gummy in the evening.  It works wonders, and they snooze through all the noise.  



Sometimes I have to document my foamy coffee when I get it to look just right!  I enjoyed this cup of coffee on Saturday morning.




On Saturday, we went to see the movie Young Washington...highly recommend.  It was really entertaining, and I learned so much about Washington's early days.  When we got home, we grilled steaks and then watched the fireworks on tv in the evening.

On Sunday, we went to church.  It had been weeks months since we had been to our Sunday School class, and we finally made it back.  I really enjoyed the fellowship!  


We watched the USA game on Wednesday night and plan to watch the next one tonight.  On Sunday, we watched the Norway-Brazil game.  So good.  Honestly, who am I?  I have never had any interest in soccer, but not I am actually enjoying the games and even know some of the player names!



On a side note, the lamp shipment arrived that I talked about in my Prime Purchases post.  Ugh - it was the wrong lamp style and even had a cord.  In addition, it was just packaged in a plastic bag, so the lamp shade was compressed and flat.  Back to Amazon it went.  I will look for one in person!




Happy Monday!

Linking to Hello Monday with Sarah and Holly


12 comments

  1. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend! Ours was hot with super high humidity but thankfully there was a good breeze coming off the lake that made it somewhat bearable to be outside since we had my husband's family cookout. I didn't much of anything at all on Saturday as it was just too hot and sticky. I think all day I had a hamburger and a piece of chicken but did drink something like over 90 ounces of ice water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounds nice! Alyssa would love that flavor of potato chips!! Thanks for the rec about the movie. I had been thinking of seeing it but wanted to know what "trusted" people thought of it :). I'm glad your dogs were ok with the fireworks. Until recently, it was illegal to launch fireworks in OH (I mean it was illegal for people to launch them not cities) and everyone ignored this and launched away and now it's legal to buy them in OH (that was also prohibited) and launch them. The noise level has not increased once bit since everything has been legal- it was always super loud before and it's super loud now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to see that movie but everyone had the same idea and most seats and times were sold out! Perfect coffee foam! Great idea on the ashwagandha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On Saturday I heard non stop fireworks booms for hours, so I was glad the dog I was watching didn't have good hearing and it didn't bother him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you tell me about the gummy you gave Albie for the fireworks? I need to find something for my pup when it storms outside. She gets so anxious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use the Goli Ashwagadha gummies: https://amzn.to/4wmDILo We give our large dog half of a gummy.

      Delete
  6. Oh that gummy is a great idea- poor pups! Those chips look and sound yummy! Glad you had a relaxing fourth :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a lovely weekend and I hope the kids had a great time.
    Those chips sound interesting, I have never seen that flavour before.
    Aww! I do feel sad for dogs being scared of fireworks. I am glad the gummies helped.
    I have been loving watching the football. The Norway-Brazil game was so good. England play Norway on Saturday and I am so nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super disappointing about the lamp. I've had things like that happen with Amazon.

    I used to use your Ashwaganda trick with Scout the dog but since he started taking heart medication, the vet told me to stick with Trazodone because the ashwaganda can lower their bp too much. It worked so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always loved soccer, but never watch or keep up with any of the league/club soccer. But the World Cup? Oh, I am so here for it! It really is a beautiful game, and I have LOVED seeing all of the culture and sub-plots that have come out of it! I am so sad that USA is out, I guess I am now cheering for Morocco or Norway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don't have HEB, but those chips sound delish! Thankfully, Homer is pretty unfazed by the 4th...and our neighborhood doesn't seem to crazy. I hadn't heard of that movie, but it sounds like one Hayden would like (me too!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those chips! I'm going to have to look for those when I'm back in Texas! A chill days sounds like the perfect way to spend the holiday for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!