1. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability." Sam Keen
3. July 16th is National AI Day. What are your general thoughts and/or experiences with AI? Have you purposely used it? Does it excite you, scare you, or worry you? What do you see as a benefit? How about something relating to AI you see as a negative?
I think AI could be useful in certain situations, like analyzing large amounts of data or finding trends. I don't really use it, and am actually annoyed that Google thinks I need AI to summarize my internet searches and email. I think about all the energy and water resources that are being used for data centers processing information that isn't really needed. In general, I think AI will make our thought processes weaker.
On the other hand, I do occasionally enjoy making AI pictures.
4. You're invited to a summer pot luck and are asked to bring an appetizer, salad/side, or dessert. Which category do you go for and what are you bringing?
I always like to bring a dessert. I've never made this, but always think the ice cream sandwich cake looks fun.
5. It wouldn't be summer without___________________.
Time at the pool
6. Insert your own random thought here.
LIBRARY BOOKS: Here is my latest library haul. I have heard so many great reviews of The Calamity Club, but I'm very intimidated by the length. It is a chunk of a book. I already tried it on audio, and just couldn't handle almost 30 hours of listening. We'll see if I tackle the paper copy.
Summit Lake - Charlie Donlea books are always a hit for me.
The Water Keeper - highly recommended by several bookstagrammers.
Living Well at Home - a light little book to flip through.
The Scone Queen Bakes - I always enjoy reading through cookbooks.
What's your favorite thing to make in an air fryer?
Linking to the Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce at From This Side of the Pond


I'd love to hear what you think of Summit Lake. I really liked it, but it was more intense than I was expecting. Have so much fun with your daughter home for a visit!
ReplyDeleteAhh! I don't have a poker face either when I am upset!
ReplyDeleteI love the sound of the ice cream sandwich cake!
That looks like a great haul of books!
Have fun with your air fryer and with Grace.
Yay for Grace visiting! I love to make salmon and fries in the air fryer. You really can make anything and it's great for the empty nester household.
ReplyDeleteTry not to think about Calamity length. I went into it knowing I could DNF.
It did not read like a 650 page book.
I went to World Market today and got Maltesers and England Rolos for the game. I have my England mug out!
I hope you have a great visit with Grace! I mentioned not having poker face, lol! I think the air fryer is great for French fries- either homemade or frozen store bought ones. The pool at your last house is beautiful! You're the first person to bring up all the energy the AI data center needs but that's a great point.
ReplyDeleteAw, enjoy your visit together!
ReplyDeleteLove your air fryer! So so pretty! We cook in ours all the time- it is great for crisping up veggies and fries. I love making chicken cutlets in it- hope you have a blast with Grace!
ReplyDeleteI bet y'all do miss your pool! That air fryer is so nice and I would get that kind if I ever need to replace mine. I love my air fryer. I cook veggies, salmon, chicken and any other type of meat, reheat pizza. Really, you can do about anything, just in small batches. Enjoy your time with Grace!
ReplyDeleteI definitely don't have a poker face! I agree about AI! Dave made salmon in our air fryer last night and it was really good! Have a great time with Grace!
ReplyDeleteThose books look interesting. Enjoyed your answers.
ReplyDeleteThe stack of books looks like an amazing way to pass the time. If I'm upset, you can see it on my face too. haha I hope you're having the best time with Grace.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear what you think about The Calamity Club. I haven't seen or heard one single negative review. I'm also intimidated by the length, though!
ReplyDelete