Hello Monday, hello friends! Today's post is just a random wrapup from the weekend. I don't even have many pictures, but I like to document life so I can remember things later. Let's take a look at the weekend.
My walking is down to around 5,000 steps on my morning walk. I guess that is about 2 miles, and that's what I can handle in the heat. When I walked on Friday, the temperature was only about 85, but the humidity was also about 85%. Sauna! I snapped this picture because I saw 3 different types of birds and a turtle all at the same time.
On Friday, I met a friend for coffee and had such a nice time catching up. I hadn't seen her since her daughter's wedding over a month ago, and couldn't wait to hear all about life lately - her daughter's wedding and her youngest going off to college soon. We talked for 2 hours straight, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Michael keeps getting Spring Creek Barbecue coupons on his app for Buy One Get One Free Meals. This makes it a great deal for us with a dinner out and leftovers the next day for a total of $25. (Obviously, I did not eat all of this in one sitting!)
Friday night we started watching Five Star Weekend, but then got phone calls from the kids so that took precedence.
On Saturday, we drove across town to meet Ginny and Jimmy (aunt and uncle) who were in town for their grandson's baseball tournament. We enjoyed catching up with them over lunch.
Saturday afternoon, we watched the World Cup soccer match between England and Norway. England won, and I would have been happy with either outcome.
On Sunday, we went to Sunday School and church. We had Mexican food for lunch - that is Grace's top request when she comes home! In the afternoon, I switched some bedding around. I wanted a change, but didn't want to buy something new.
We got some strong thunderstorms, and talked to Jack on the phone. I also finished my audiobook - Murder at 30,000 Feet - so good!
Have a wonderful week!



I struggle to even reach 5,000 steps in the summer as the heat and humidity makes me not want to do much outside. I've been focusing more on just squeezing in a good workout inside in the air conditioning. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a nice weekend with some relaxing and catching up with friends and family. I love BOGO deals. I see them less and less; when I do, I like to take advantage of them. Your heat sounds so intense. It definitely gets hot here- it will get into the 90's this week but but mornings are usually quite comfortable (it's 65 degrees as I write this...). I felt the same way about the England/Norway soccer game! Have a great Monday!
ReplyDeleteOh, your heat! Have you gotten your hair wet before walking? I would say 5000 is wonderful for right now!
ReplyDeleteThat bbq deal sounds amazing. Tom and I are starting to look for better value like that or only ordering one meal. It's crazy expensive and not that good when we go out!
What a nice little weekend! My kids take precedence too- so cute :) I hope you love Five Star Weekend- it is the best thing I have watched in I don't know how long- loved it so much- started it again!
ReplyDeleteI think 5000 steps is admirable in the heat.I'm rooting for England but enjoyed the Norway team and matches so would have been okay either way too. I love BOGO deals, My favorite thing about shopping at Publix is their great BOGO offers. I am going to try to watch Five Star Weekend this week since hubs has a couple of evening commitments and won't be home to watch tv. He would watch it with me, but I'm sure it wouldn't be his thing. Have a nice week. Stay cool!
ReplyDeleteI like the pictures with the birds and turtle!
ReplyDeleteMy walking takes such a hit in the summer heat. I just find it hard to motivate myself to go for a walk when I know I'll be super sweaty afterwards.
ReplyDeleteIt is so hard to walk when it's hot out. I have been trying but I haven't been getting very far.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a lovely time with your friend on Friday.
We had a late night on Saturday watching the England match.
Walking 5000 steps in 85% humidity is quite a feat! Good for you! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. "This is My Father's World" was one of my mom's favorite hymns. She used to sing it to us regularly when we were young. Thanks for prompting this sweet memory for me!
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed with 5000 steps on a walk! Sounds like a nice weekend and glad you had time with a friend and talks with the kids.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lovely weekend! Walking is out for me this summer most days because I can't do breathing the soupy air.
ReplyDeleteMy walking has dwindled too! I'm savoring summer before school starts back, but then I will be wishing for fall!
ReplyDelete