Friday Favorites


TGIF!  Happy Friday!  All of us in Houston are breathing a sigh of relief as Tropical Storm Bertha looks like it has fizzled out.  After Grace left on Sunday, we had a quiet week.  We may tackle some home improvement projects this weekend and are thinking of going to see the movie the Odyssey.  For today's post, let's take a look at my camera roll from the week.


When we were watching all the travel videos on You Tube during Grace's visit, Michael created this AI picture of us.  The pictures it can create are just crazy!  

Speaking of AI, I have a bookstagram buddy who got so many negative and critical comments on a post she did with a graphic that was AI-created.  Yikes!  People have strong opinions on this issue!



After I my volunteer time at the library, I often peruse the latest issue of Consumer Reports magazine.  I need to revisit this ready-for-anything kit since we are right in the middle of hurricane season.  Here's a post I wrote about this a few years ago.



I made this coffee cake with fresh cherries when Grace was home.  Wow, it is so good.  I'm keeping the recipe to use with any berries that I have on hand.  It would also be good with a cinnamon streusel on top without the berries/cherries.  I like that it makes an 8" or 9" cake pan, so it is not a huge amount.



We always get a laugh out of what a sun worshipper Mollie is!  Even if we let her out for just a few minutes, she goes to lay in the sun immediately.  It was literally 100F out, but she loves the sun!  Albie looks for the shade.


This photo memory brought a smile to my face.  Jack created these little Mario figures out of clay!



I have issues swallowing pills, so I have been taking gummy vitamins for years.  Sometimes I buy the sugar free version, but if I don't, I hate that they have so much sugar.  When I was at the store, I remembered the old Flintstones style vitamins that the kids took.  I was surprised to see that one vitamin is a serving for an adult, and the nutrient levels are the same as other adult vitamins.  Many adult vitamins do not contain iron, but this one does.  So I have started taking chewable vitamins at age 57!  The bonus is that they are very inexpensive!  



When I was in Sam's Club this week, I saw the coolest spiral-bound note-taking Bible.  If you love taking lots of notes as you do a Bible Study, this would be really nice.  This was $23 at Sam's, but surprisingly it is only $17 on Amazon!



Cool car at Sam's Club!



I had to laugh at this meme.  Michael and I start each day asking each other how we slept.  
Many times it is "not good!"



I made a loaf of sandwich bread for the week.  
(Recipe from Sally's Baking)



I bought some new fall scents (even though it is still summer!)





Various flowers in the back yard



I'm thinking of ordering this highly rated top for graduation weekend since Auburn's colors are blue and orange.  I sense a theme coming on!




I spruced up my Amazon Storefront so check it out to find any of the links I mention.



Have a wonderful weekend!


11 comments

  1. Oh I really like that top! All your baking looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coffee cake looks delicious. Your flowers are also gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that coffee cake looks to die for! Love the AI pic of your family- so so cute! What is it with dogs and the sun right? Our Frenchie LOVES sunbathing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, people on bookstagram take being anti AI very seriously! It's why I've pretty much stopped messing around with it! My kids used to take those vitamins, lol. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that top!
    OMG - I can't swallow big pills, either. I can taste that Flintstone vitamin! Now go get yourself a Bookit personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut!
    What a good empty nester week. I love the look of that cherry dessert.
    Here is something bothering me. I have a couple of high school friends using AI to make their social media profile pictures and they look nothing like that in real life! They are posting it like it's a real photo and reaping the compliments. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad the storm has fizzled out, what a worry!
    That AI picture is so funny and that ready for anything kit looks really sensible.
    That cake sounds amazing and good on Mollie going to sunbathe.
    hahaha! That meme about sleeping is my fella and I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! Hope you have a good weekend!

      Delete
  7. I still remember your past post about being ready for anything. You provided such great. information! That coffee cake looks delicious and you had me giggling with your morning check-ins about how you slept! I can relate! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are beautiful!! And your fresh berry coffee cake sounds perfect for Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great pics from your camera roll. The family pic is funny...AI is wild! The bread looks amazing, and your flowers are so pretty. I hope you've had a great summer weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!