Monthly Musings: Summer Fashion


It's been awhile since I did a Monthly Musings post, and this seemed like a good topic to jump in for...summer fashion.  My summer fashion doesn't change much from year to year, so these are standards that tend to be on repeat.  And here in Houston, summer clothing is really almost year round - definitely April through October!  Let's take a look at my monthly musings...

 

1.  Favorite summer outfit 


If I am going out of the house, I tend to wear capri jeans with a flowy top. 

If I am staying at home, I'm wearing jean shorts with a graphic tee.  

I have several summery dresses that I wear for nicer occasions.

2. Favorite summer shoes - Not much has changed since my last post about my summer wardrobe!

These sneakers are still my go-to that I throw on to run errands.

These sandals are my pick for nicer outfits.

And these flip flops are what I wear around the yard or for quick errands.


3.  Summer Accessories

Year round, I usually wear simple jewelry like these earrings and necklacePavoi is a good brand on Amazon for all kinds of jewelry.  The quality is great, and the packaging is nice too.

If I'm going for a walk or running to the store, I usually wear a baseball cap similar to this one.  
I have quite a collection!

Summer heat means lots of ponytails.  
These are my favorite for not leaving a crease or damaging your hair.

4.  Summer bag - I change my purse at least once a month, so I have several that I rotate through.  My recent favorite is one I bought at Walmart.



I haven't carried my new crossbody bag/pack yet, but I just love it!


5.  Summer scents - the same old vanilla or beach coconut scents I've had for awhile.  Have you seen this one being talked about online:  Sol de Janeiro fragrances?  I want to try the pink one.



6.  Definitely a maxidress!  I don't think I could pull off a jumpsuit or romper!



7.  Sunglasses - I refreshed my sunglasses this spring, and I'm just loving the update.



And these for regular viewing (when I'm wearing my contacts.)  These definitely get the most compliments, with the "flat front" look that is popular right now.


8.  Pajamas - this is an easy one to answer because I have pajamas that I LOVE now.  They are cotton, but NOT a knit.  I guess you would call them poplin or percale?  They keep me so cool at night.  Note that they are now sold out, but here is the link so you can see them.  



9.  I don't really wear much white for any season.


10.  Favorite summer trend this year - I think some of the basket style purses and crocheted bags are cute.  When I googled summer trend, they said that orange was a trend.  I love the color orange for a fun summer color, so that is a trend I can get behind!


For not being a fashion blogger, I found a lot to talk about today.  

What is your go-to summer outfit?


Posts from the Past




13 comments

  1. Anonymous6:09 AM

    Yes to Pavoi! I love all my pieces and can't believe the price. They make a great gift, too. I still love that green target blouse. It's so pretty. I need to get a cute new baseball cap to throw on for walking or running errands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this. Thanks for the heads up on the Pavoi jewelry, I actually went and added some things to my wish list for Christmas. I saw the cutest baseball cap on Tuesday at a store that I wanted to buy, but the price was too high in my opinion. I want to find one online now- it looked worn in a bit, and was turquoise and said "be kind" on the front. It was really cute! I have been known to wear a baseball cap from time to time, but I haven't in a while. I love the yoga mat flip flops too! Have a great day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sneakers look SO comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the straw/basket looking style purses too but haven't yet bitten the bullet to buy one. I used to have areal cute one that was a backpack style I picked up in the bahamas (years and years ago on our honeymoon and I LOVED that thing!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the look of those sneakers Tanya. I also like your sunglasses. I have the same LuLu Lemon dupe bag that I liked using when I was in Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so not fashionable! I usually wear the same things no matter what the season, just heavier clothes in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to love that crossbody belt bag! I use mine all the time and it is the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking the ponytail holders. I really need some! I also love a bifocal sunglass! Thanks for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving all the bifocal sunglasses love since that's where I'm headed! And those pjs are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter has Pavoi hoop earrings she loves. I love all your selections and my goodness, it is hard to dress to stay cool in the summer. I'm impressed with changing your purse so often! I think I would forget where things are in my purse, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of have a system going for how I organize my purse. :D

      Delete
  11. Anonymous5:41 AM

    Just grabbed those nice sandals per your recommendation! I have another brand that makes knock off Jack Rogers like that that I like, but I like trying new ones too. Can’t wait for them to come!

    Lauren @ Don’t Mind Our Mess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them! Mine have lasted well and are still comfy!

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!