College Visits


To start off our North Carolina and Virginia blog posts, let's talk about the college visits we had there.  We planned this summer vacation around seeing a few campuses that Grace is interested in:  Duke, UNC, and William and Mary.  There was plenty of beautiful sightseeing around this area, so it was an easy trip to plan.


We landed in Raleigh/Durham Tuesday night and headed to our hotel.  The next day, our Duke University tour wasn't until 2:00, so we had some time to kill in the morning.  Would you believe that North Carolina was having a heat wave while we were there?  I think it was hotter in NC than Houston, although that pesky humidity wasn't around.  So my plans to stroll around the Duke Gardens were not the best idea!


Instead we went over to the Raleigh to the North Carolina Museum of Art for the morning.  This museum has lots of outdoor sculptures, and we also enjoyed the cool, air-conditioned exhibits.  Like most museums in the Raleigh/Durham area, it was FREE!


These sculptures were such a creative way to use the park area.



We walked around for about an hour, before we all started melting.





I quickly fell in love with North Carolina's flowers and trees!


Jack is wondering...when do we get to Busch Gardens?





After strolling around the museum, we headed over to the Duke area for lunch...the Mad Hatter was delicious!  We had already been to an information session about Duke in Houston, but it was good to hear it all again.  The Duke campus was beautiful.


The next day, we checked out of the hotel and drove over to the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill.  This was the surprise hit of the trip.  Grace really liked their programs and campus.  We ate lunch at Sup Dogs, which seemed to be a local favorite.




Later in the vacation, we toured William and Mary in Williamsburg.  This was a school that she thought she would love, but just didn't.  That's why these campus visits are important!  The campus was beautiful though!

It was so interesting to see the different universities and hear about their programs.  Now I wonder which one she'll pick?!

North Carolina and Virginia 2019



3 comments

  1. I can't even believe it is time for college visits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to want to go to UNC because I heard it was huge. I never got to go see it! The sculptures you saw at the museum are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time for college visits!?!? That's wild and so fun all at the same time. It's great to get to visit these colleges as a family and get a feel for them. You guys are so smart!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!