New Books June 2019


Today's post is all about NEW books for May 2019.  I have not read these yet, but many are going onto my TBR list.  I hope you find some new ideas for your reading life!


I couldn't put the author's previous book Dark Matter down, so I'm looking forward to this one.  It's not your typical science fiction.  In this book, people suffer from False Memory Syndrome, going mad with memories from a life they never lived.  Sounds interesting and it's getting good reviews.


The Bookshop on the Shore
A cozy story about a single mom, a quirky bookseller, and a grand house at Loch Ness in Scotland.
I always enjoy Jenny Colgan books!


Summer of '69
Summer isn't summer without a new Elin Hilderbrand book.  This is her first novel with a historical setting.  It's about four siblings in Nantucket.


Waiting for Tom Hanks
A light romantic comedy that would be a fun beach read


Dear Wife
A fast-paced suspense thriller about a woman desperate to escape her violent husband


The Islanders
I was not familiar with this author, but the blurb on the front says she is one Elin Hilderbrand's favorite writers.  Three strangers meet on Block Island (Rhode Island) and share secrets.


Evvie Drake Starts Over
Set on the coast of Maine, a widow and a baseball player with a losing streak become friends.
This sounds charming.


 
After the End
Two parents face tough decisions with their child who faces an illness.
Really looking forward to this one since I enjoy this author.


I heard the author on this podcast.  These are amazing stories of his career as a Navy Seal and Commander of Special Operations Forces.


Be sure to check out June's Amazon First Reads list. I selected this one.  




I hope you found some new books to enjoy.

Come back soon ...
Media Monday every 1st Monday of the month
New Books every 2nd Tuesday of the month


Linking to:
Tuesday Talk~Erika & Ashley
Show Us You Books~Steph & Jana
Welcome Wednesday with
High Five for Friday with  Whitney, Becky, Tif, and Della
Best of the Weekend with Calypso in the Country
TBR Mix ‘n’ Mingle with Never Enough Novels
Affiliate Links

15 comments

  1. I feel like I need to read Waiting for Tom Hanks just because I think that man is perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Waiting For Tom Hanks on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Waiting for Tom Hanks; seems like a nice pool read.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive not read any of these but waiting for tom hanks sounds interesting. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the wait list for Recursion. And Evvie Drake is now on my TBR too. Looks really good. I really enjoyed I Let You Go by Mackintosh but I hated her second book and haven't read anything else by her. Looking forward to see if she redeems herself (for me at least!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be starting Summer of '69 on July 1 for a book challenge. I can't wait to read it - she's one of my absolute faves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am reading Recursion now - so far don't love it as much as dark matter, but i'm only a few chapters in. waiting for tom hanks was cute, very rom-comy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My summer reading has been so dismal, but I am looking forward to the new HIlderbrand book. Her books are hit and miss for me sometimes, but hopefully this will be the one to jump start and lead me out of a reading slump.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Evvie Drake and Recursion are both on my TBR. I even have an ARC of Recursion that I have not read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Recursion, couldn't put it down. I liked Dear Wife too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Evvie Drake is on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like some perfect reads for summer...Waiting on Tom Hanks looks like a fun one! We just started a summer reading challenge for moms--would love to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adding Dear Wife and The Islanders to my summer reading list- thanks for the recommendations Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Blake Crouch book seems like my type of read! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenny Colgan's latest just arrived in the mail a few days ago! I'm excited to read it too. I just adore her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!