Welcome to the June edition of Media Monday. Here's a look at what I've been reading, watching and listening to this month. I hope you'll find something new! Please leave a comment to let me know your latest recommendations.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I absolutely loved this historical fiction about two friends who work on Queen Elizabeth's (then Princess Elizabeth) wedding gown during the late 1940's. I listened to the audiobook, which was really well done. This novel checked all the boxes for me...England, royalty, friendship, romance, and references to World War II. Part of the narration takes place in the present day, so that adds another dimension to the story. Highly recommend!
⭐⭐⭐
This was an Amazon First Reads pick so it's hard to complain since it was free. A young woman who is a private investigator sees a picture of herself as a child on a missing persons website. She tries to solve the mystery of how this could be. This book was a solid 3-star read - I wanted to finish to find out "whodunit" but it was not very memorable.
⭐⭐
Usually I really enjoy Coben's books, but this one...not so much! A New Jersey detective has never been the same since his brother mysteriously died and his girlfriend disappeared in high school. Years later, the girlfriend reappears and he tries to figure out what happened to his brother. I did finish this one, but wouldn't recommend it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐
This book is getting a lot of buzz and will be made into a movie. It is a very creepy, sinister book - part fairy tale, part horror story, and part mystery. A new mother has twins and feels that her "real" babies have been switched out. Now she is caring for evil imposters. This all has to do with a Welsh legend/fairy tale. If it sounds a little strange...well, it is. But I couldn't stop listening to this audiobook.
⭐⭐⭐⭐
A girl disappears from her home. The mother is detached and concerned about appearances, the father seems like he could be a suspect, and the older brother withdrawn. I enjoyed this police procedural/psychological drama.
⭐⭐⭐
I really wanted to love this cozy novel, since I thoroughly enjoyed the author's other book. In this story, a librarian feels invisible and a little lost. She receives a mysterious book that leads her on an adventure to find out what happened to her grandmother. I liked the story, but found the characters - both the librarian and the grandmother - to be annoying!
TV/MOVIES
Michael and I have been enjoying this detective series available on Amazon Prime. If you liked Sherlock, you will love Endeavour too. I like that each episode is it's own mystery.
We all loved the new Aladdin movie and can't wait to see the musical next month!
What have you been reading and watching lately?
New Books 2019
Media Monday 2019
Linking to:
Hello Monday with My Glittery Heart, The Sirois Family,
Lindsay's Sweet World and The Other Side of the Road
Welcome Wednesday with Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too - Keri Lynn Synder -
Coffee, Pancakes, and Dreams - Simple Purposeful Living Sarah E. Frazer - Lindsay's Sweet World
High Five for Friday with Whitney, Becky, Tif, and Della
Best of the Weekend with Calypso in the Country
Show Us You Books~Steph & Jana
Hello Monday with My Glittery Heart, The Sirois Family,
Lindsay's Sweet World and The Other Side of the Road
Welcome Wednesday with Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too - Keri Lynn Synder -
Coffee, Pancakes, and Dreams - Simple Purposeful Living Sarah E. Frazer - Lindsay's Sweet World
High Five for Friday with Whitney, Becky, Tif, and Della
Best of the Weekend with Calypso in the Country
Show Us You Books~Steph & Jana
Affiliate Links


I loved alladin too! You have been busy with all that reading!
ReplyDeleteI haven't read any of these but I did love Aladdin!
ReplyDeleteAladdin was fabulous! We all loved it so much!
ReplyDeleteYep! I loved The Gown and Aladdin! We saw Toy Story 4 this weekend and it was so cute, too!
ReplyDeleteI never remember to read the Amazon First books. Or when I do, I forget that that's what they are.
ReplyDeleteHavent read any of these. Like steph I always forget to read the amazon first reads!
ReplyDelete