I had several questions about how I finished and then displayed my embroidery projects. Here's a look at my fall project.
After I finished the embroidery, I took it out of the hoop. I laid it on top of a piece of white fabric, and made sure all the wrinkles were out. Then I put it back in the hoop, and tightened it really well. Next I stitched the side pieces so they laid flat on the back. You could also layer white felt between the two pieces of fabric, or even put a circle of white felt on the back to cover the stitches. You can see more details here: info and video about finishing your project
I displayed the embroidery on our mantle with a plate stand. Then I will put it away with my seasonal decor for next year. It stores nicely in a gallon ziploc bag.
Here is the one I'm working on now. I had hoped to display this in October, so I better get busy!
And this one is what I will display for Thanksgiving.
I plan to order one of the ones above for the Christmas season. I am leaning toward the first one since it carries forward the truck theme from fall. I recently discovered that the company I order from - Stitched Stories - is in a small business consultation/discussion group with Erin from Simple Purposeful Living. It's a small world!
.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)

These are so cute! I love them! I wish I was into stuff like this, but I would never finish.
ReplyDeleteI definitely go in phases with these projects. I think before social media, I was much more productive!
DeleteI really love those! I don't have the patience to do these, though I have tried. Also, I made a mess of the first one I ever tried and my husband finished it for me. I'm rolling my eyes at myself. I wonder if I'd like them now? That was twenty something years ago! I think those Christmas ones are so adorable!
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny that your hubby finished it for you! They are nice for when you are watching tv or listening to an audiobook/podcast.
DeleteThese are all such cute designs! It reminds me of when I use to crosstitch, but I like these better.
ReplyDeleteThese creative designs really motivated me to start needlework again.
DeleteThese are so cute!
ReplyDeleteThese are so good! Love the designs.
ReplyDeleteI love these so much. They're just beautiful. I wish I didn't find things like this so tedious.
ReplyDeleteLooks great! I bet it's fun to see your hard work on display with your holiday decor :)
ReplyDeleteThese are all really cute. I especially love that Halloween one. I wish I had the patience for embroidery but sadly I don't!
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job with your embroidery. The Halloween themed is great and I like the Christmas ones too.
ReplyDeleteSO COOL!!
ReplyDeleteOh my word...I love these. So cute and whimsy and a great way to display something each season. So fun.
ReplyDelete