TGIF! I hope you had a good week and have some nice plans for the weekend. This was a fairly uneventful week for me, and today I have some old fashioned Friday Favorites for you.
A friend gave me this fun cup for my birthday. I love the flowers and bright colors. We have lots of these cups, but most are from Michael's office. I'm excited to have one of my own.
Also, you can see my new Round Top Collection sign and stand. So far I have bought a seasonal sign for September and October. This line is carried at many boutiques, but we have a Round Top Collection store in a local shopping center. They have lots of fun metal work decor.
Y'all...the midlife struggle is real. A few years ago, I dealt with some serious acne to the point that I really didn't want to go out and show my face. Somehow, that cleared up thank goodness. But it has come back over the last few months. I have Retin A from the dermatologist for aging, and that helps with the breakouts, but it takes time.
I have found the two products above help to clear things up, and it seems like I am finally getting a handle on the situation. The Mighty Patch actually shrinks a blemish overnight, especially if it is still a "bump" under the skin. The Rescue Balm helps immensely with healing the dry/flaky/red after effects of a blemish. Who would have thought that teenage acne would return in middle age...not fun!
Continuing on the theme of midlife... Amy recommended these gummie vitamins earlier this week, and I immediately ordered them. These gummies are supposed to help with sleep and stress. As I write this, I have only taken them ONE night before bed so I can't comment on the sustained effectiveness. But I had the BEST night of sleep I have had in years!! I slept deeply and all the way through the night. It was somewhat of a miracle, and I hope these will continue to help my sleeping routine!
I made the pumpkin whoopie pies from Momfessionals this week to take to my Bible Study. They were a BIG hit! They are very similar to a recipe I made years ago and posted on Tanya's Table. They were so popular at Bible Study that everyone wanted the recipe. I made a printable recipe, so thought I'd share it here. {Printable Recipe}
Jennifer reminded me in a recent post how fun these You Tube seasonal screensavers are! So I played some cozy coffeehouse jazz all day. I have set the battery-operated candles (similar here and here) to come on from 5-10pm everyday. It is such a cozy feeling! Here are a few of the YouTube channels: here and here.
I filled this out on Instagram, and then Jen posted it on the blog. I thought I'd share here too. It is originally from one of my fave book podcasts - Book Talk Etc.
*CRACKLING FIREPLACE - as long as I'm in a chilly setting!
*COZY FALL - I'm definitely not into spooky stuff. Some of the decor in our neighborhood is downright frightful!
*CARVE - we carved pumpkins for years!
*CORN MAZE - (I guess) - neither of these sounds very appealing to me
*BOTH - I really like all the fall flavors. I'm not a fan of the PSLatte though.
*FIREPLACE
*CYBER MONDAY - nothing better than shopping in your comfy clothes
*NEITHER
*SOUP - I like a cup of soup any time of year. Chili is good just a few times per year.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!







.png)

That was a fun post to read! Thanks for the shout out! I'd forgotten about the YouTube channels as well, but I've been enjoying them all week. I love that cup you got for your birthday!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you don't like the scary things either!
ReplyDeleteThe cup you got for your birthday is so cute, I hope you had a good one sweetie! Those pumpkin Whoopie pies look delicious!
ReplyDeleteLove Goli! I take the regular red ones and love them. I haven't tried the blue ones yet.
ReplyDeleteGood morning, Tanya. Love that quiz at the end. I all over a crackling fire too. Have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteYour house is so cozy! I never think to turn on those YouTube screensavers either. I'll have to remember that!
ReplyDeleteI like the floral cup, and the pimple treatments look good. Too bad we didn't have them when I was a teenager! Those whoopie pies look so good. Have a happy Friday and weekend Tanya.
ReplyDeleteI just bought those ashwagandha gummies today! Here's to better sleep!
ReplyDeleteWe have all the exact same answers on the This/That!! Those pumpkin whoopie pies sound wonderful.
ReplyDeleteLove your new metal sign and cup! Your home looks so cozy! I need to figure out that screensaver thing on my tv. I've been having skin issues, too, and I have gone without makeup many days to help the situation. Aging is so fun! Not! Thanks for the shout out and I hope you continue to sleep like a baby - well, a baby who sleeps through the night, you know? Lol!
ReplyDeleteUMMM I had no idea YouTube had screensavers! I am going to try that!
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun post. I love the little sign on your counter. The tv screen saver is a great idea. I used the fire place one from Netflix in the winter last year. I need to look for more. Love your this/that answers :)
ReplyDeleteThose whoopie pies look so good! I need to look up the fall backgrounds on YouTube! We've done the Christmas ones before and love them!
ReplyDelete