Hello Monday and another installment of my gift ideas series. For today's post, I'm highlighting some of my favorite advent calendars. I have had an advent calendar post for years now. Does anyone else feel like there is now an advent calendar for every possible item? It used to be chocolates, legos and one or two beauty lines. But such is the nature of our commercialized world! No complaints from me, just a comment on how far we've come from the true meaning of the advent season! I hope you find some new ideas or inspiration. At the end, I'll talk about how we did an "advent calendar" last year.
I sent this as a gift last year. Delicious little jams for 24 days.

Coffee, tea and cocoa for your favorite coffeemaker.
Want something fancier than the Trader Joe's chocolate calendar? Here you go!

This baking set looks darling.
A different tea for 24 days
.png)
A new votive candle for 12 days
This is an empty box that you could fill with spirits or wine mini-bottles.
I absolutely love this one. Such a unique idea.
This would be so fun for little ones.

Another fun idea for geology-minded kids
I had to put our all-time favorite reusable set on my list.
Last year was our first year without the Lego Advent Calendar. The end of an era.
Beautifully packaged lotions. We had this for several years. The box is amazing.
Anthropologie packaging never disappoints.

Sephora has some nice options this year. I really like a 12 day set.
.png)
Here's 25 days of beauty.
.png)
This set includes all of those best-selling Sephora favorites.
Last year, Albie got the big set from Sam's - a new dog treat every day. For the kids, I made the little basket you see on the left. Since Grace came home mid-month, I made 12 days of little bags for each of them to open. This homemade set included things like gift cards, small beauty items, treats/candies, etc. It was a big hit. Both of them will be at school until mid-December, so I haven't decided which option I will do for advent calendars this year.
What's your favorite advent calendar?
Do you buy one for your kids or for yourself?
{Don't forget to come back for Prime Purchases tomorrow!}
{Don't forget to come back for Prime Purchases tomorrow!}





.png)





.png)

I was just thinking the other day that I needed to take advantage of gift sets and this advent calendar idea is even better! Trader Joe's also had a dog advent calendar each year. I am always the one to give the chocolate advent calendar to all my nieces and nephews. I wonder if I should do a different option for the older ones now?
ReplyDeleteWe saw some great ones at Costco on Friday night! One had wine. I love the dog treat idea!
ReplyDeleteI've done an Advent gift card calendar for Sophia since she graduated from college and got a place of her own. It's usually four grocery store cards, four for the feed store, four for the teacher's supply store, four Starbucks, four restaurant, and four miscellaneous (Target, Bath & Body Works, Ulta, and somewhere else). I have a little basket that holds a sleeve for every day (from an old craft kit) and I reuse the basket and sleeves each year.
ReplyDeleteI love this and am inspired to change up my advent calendar game this season! Thanks :)
ReplyDeleteTanya, these are all nice advent calendar gifts. I like the jelly and the godiva advent calendars.
ReplyDeleteI like your idea of making your own advent calendar. I'm thinking of doing that for a couple friends and mailing it to them. I'm a big fan of seeing what types of calendars are out. Need to get one or two this year for myself, I think.
ReplyDeleteLauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net
I used to make advent activity calendars for the boys; I had a cloth advent calendar with pockets and I'd tuck a slip of paper in each day and we'd do whatever it said on that days paper. We haven't done anything much now that they're older.
ReplyDeleteI admit, I do love all the different Advent calendars! We get Mason a fun Advent calendar each Christmas season but we also do a scripture advent every year!
ReplyDeleteThese are all so much fun. We do a Lego Advent calendar every year for the kids. I'll be sad when they outgrow that!
ReplyDeleteI grabbed a basic chocolate one to start with Wells this year. We never did them as kids, so I'm excited to start the tradition.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, that embroidery stitch a day is right up your alley! I love that one and have a friend who would love it too! Lauren, not Anonymous
ReplyDeleteThat stitch a day countdown is so neat! Have you seen the 365 day stitch pattern when you fill a bookshelf with books that are color coordinated to the temperature outside? That's a neat one, too. My kids would enjoy the rock advent calendar.
ReplyDelete