Hello friends! Just a few highlights from a rather uneventful week.
1. I can now say that our new appliances are 90% installed. We are still waiting for the trim to go around the cooktop, but our handyman was able to install the new dishwasher. The drama continued when he cut away the tile from the legs of the old dishwasher and realized that it still wouldn't come out.
We have slate floors which are very thick. Combining this with the fact that the homebuilder did not put plywood under the granite counters meant that there is hardly room for the dishwasher's height. The handyman and Michael worked to cut away more tile and finally managed to get the old one out and the new one in. However, we are opting not to fill in all of the missing tile since it will prevent any future repairs on the dishwasher. We will hide it with a runner rug. Not ideal, but it will work.
2. I had a week of pretty pathetic Fitbit steps, but I think I am back on track now. Yesterday, I managed almost 20,000 steps with a walk in the morning with Albie and another one with Michael in the evening.
3. My Timehop lately has been bringing back so many wonderful memories. It's always one of the first things I look at on my phone in the mornings. In the photo above from 2009, the kids were doing their favorite thing. They played on this swingset constantly! Great memories.
4. Jack had a choir end of year party on Tuesday at the local trampoline place. He had an absolute blast and certainly slept well that night. I had fun talking with the other mom's and helping out. I was surprised to see the pic below on the choir teacher's school twitter feed.
5. I saw the tshirt below in Walmart or Target. So funny! If you have a teen, you might relate.
6. I read through my Aldi ad after seeing Justine's post about the great items she finds there. Look at this funny item. Wouldn't this be perfect for the kids on a summer day when they start arguing? Ha, ha!
On the agenda this weekend: Grace's 8th grade party (so excited for her!), a school festival with a choir performance from Jack, and probably some projects around the house. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Linking to
Friday Favorites with Momfessionals
Oh Hey Friday with September Farm and the Farmer's Wife
High Five for Friday with A Cup of Tea
The Pick with Hill Collection
Friday Favorites with Meet at the Barre
Friday Favorites with Meet at the Barre


20,000 steps?!? You go girl! Way to get back on track! I am slowly but surely getting more steps in every day and it feels so good!! Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead!! Have a great day friend!
ReplyDeleteYour blog name says it all...full hands, full heart. Your hands are full right now, so don't stress about the steps. Have a wonderful weekend!
DeleteI have got to get the t-shirt! Congrats on your steps!! Have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Katie. You too!
DeleteYay for things working out with the dishwasher!
ReplyDeleteWe got a rug and it looks really nice now. I will just pretend there is perfect tile underneath the rug...ha ha. Have a wonderful weekend!
DeleteI love Timehop! it brings back so many memories.. I love checking it!
ReplyDeletewww.amemoryofus.com
It's a must-see every morning! Have a great weekend!
DeleteI need to get a FitBit. I could use some motivation. I owe you an email which I will definitely do this week!! We are settling into Chobham and I have a ton of questions for you. Your kitchen is gorgeous!! xo Selena
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear about life in Chobham. I love seeing the places we knew on your Instagram feed. We lived near the A30 close to the Waitrose in Sunningdale (close to Devenish rd going to Ascot.) Hope your little grandson is feeling better. Take care and look forward to hearing more.
Delete