Summer Bucket List

Two of my favorite bloggers - Shelly from The Queen in Between and Katy from The Queen of Kings have a new link up.  It's called Spiel the Beans with the Queens.  Every few weeks there is a new topic...take a look below.



This week's topic is SUMMER BUCKET LIST.  We have made "bucket lists" for the past few Christmas and Summer breaks.  It is a really fun way to look forward to the time together.  Sometimes I make the list and sometimes it's a group effort.  Last year Jack seemed to be very motivated about having a daily schedule, and he made this "daily bucket list" on the computer.  I got a big laugh!



This year we did some brainstorming after dinner one night and came up with a list.  I put it on my desk later, and got kind of wrinkled, but at least we tried!  


Here are some of the things we plan to do this summer.


1.  Summer Camp

2015
Both kids will be headed to Pine Cove in July.  This will be their third year to do the overnight camp. Grace has already told me that this will be her last year, but I'm ok with that.  After all, she might change her mind.


2.  Summer Movies

We have three movie theaters we love within about five miles of us, so I'm sure we will be seeing several movies.  Here are a few that made the summer bucket list:  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Finding Dory, BFG, Secret Life of Pets, Ghostbusters, X-Men and Independence Day.  That's a lot of movies!


3.  Staycation Stuff  
2010
Houston has wonderful "staycation" attractions.  Usually we end up buying a membership to the Science Museum or the Zoo.  The Downtown Aquarium is always fun, and the Art Museum has free days during the summer.  Also in this category, we might go to our new area water park, the Pleasure Pier in Galveston, or the Kemah boardwalk.  


4.  Cleaning

Ho-hum...this one isn't fun.  But I plan to have the kids clean out their closets and drawers in a major way.  We have lots of clothes, books, toys, and stuff that have been outgrown.


5.  Volunteering

Both kids have signed up to volunteer for part of the summer at the library.  So proud of them.  I would also like for us to volunteer together at a few food bank/lunch programs that I have found in our area.


6.  The Ranch

2012
Wes and Suzette have recently renovated the house at their ranch, and we can't wait to visit. Hopefully, we will make a trip up there in July or August.


7.  Sporting Events and Theater

2009
Summer wouldn't be summer without some Astro's games.  And Grace and I will be seeing the musical Wicked in July.


8.  Swimming and Indoor Fun

2015
Of course, we will be spending lots of time swimming.  But sometimes you need some indoor activities to beat the Texas heat.  Bowling, laser tag, roller skating, ice skating, arts'n'crafts, reading, and going to have lunch with Michael at his office will be on the summer list.


9.  Food

2010
Somehow food always makes it onto our bucket lists.  For summer that means:  making snow cones, s'mores on the fire pit, going out for ice cream, baking cookies, and grilling.


10.  A Summer Vacation


This summer we will be heading to the Pacific Northwest for almost two weeks.  We will start in Seattle for a few days, and then venture out to Mount Rainier National Park, Olympic National Park, and Victoria BC.  Can't wait for the beautiful scenery and cool temperatures!

I can't wait to see what is on everyone's summer bucket lists.  I know I will get some new ideas to make our summer extra fun!

Also linking to:

Let's Talk with Momfessionals and Little Bit of Everything

Ten on Tuesday September Farm

TUESDAY TALK with 
Whitney at Polka Dotty Place, Beth at Our Pretty Little Girls, 
Becky at BYBMG, Jessica at Sweet Little Ones 
Emily at Raising Barnes, Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me,  Stasia at Our Life on a Budget
Sarah at Abiding In Grace, Ruthie at Rear. Release. Regroup., Laura at Life Is Beautiful 
Christina at Waltzing In Beauty, Michelle at Grammie Time, Tina at Go Big or Go Home



11 comments

  1. You have such a fun summer planned! I need to sit down and do this with my girls as I love knowing what they would like to do with their time off! Have a great day friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw on your swimsuit post that you go to the pool every day in the summer. That was us a few years ago too! Every day was breakfast, pack snacks, pool for hours, afternoon nap or movie (dvd), then usually more outside water fun, dinner and bed! The sun really wears them out and makes for nice naps!

      Delete
  2. What a fun summer!! Can I be adopted into your family for a couple of months!?! Haha So much fun stuff planned!
    Have a great Tuesday =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha...thanks Johannah! I was reading about some of the summer programs that my daughter will be able to do when she is in high school, and I was like...I want to sign up too!

      Delete
  3. My daughter is going to sleepaway camp this year for the first time. The Pacific Northwest is on my overall bucket list of places to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet your daughter will really enjoy it. I think it gives them a lot of confidence to be away from home. And makes them appreciate their mom's a little more too! Thanks for commenting, Dara!

      Delete
  4. Can I come summer with y'all? Can't wait to see what fun you have in the PNW! Sounds like an amazing summer! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always so jealous of y'alls vacations!! I have been really wanting to take Carly & Dillon to the Museum of Natural Science...maybe we could actually have a blog date and meet with our kids! Thanks so much for linking with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so fun! Also, did you know we have a new water park opening by Katy Mills mall - Typhoon Texas. I drove by the other day and it looks impressive.

      Delete
  6. What a great list! I just looked up summer movies and there are LOTS coming out this summer! Love that your kiddos are volunteering at the library! Have fun on your vacay!!! Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, you definitely inspired me to look up our local food bank volunteering opportunities!

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!