Two of my favorite bloggers - Shelly from The Queen in Between and Katy from The Queen of Kings have a new link up. It's called Spiel the Beans with the Queens. Every few weeks there is a new topic...take a look below.
This month's topic is to describe the best (or worst) Mother's Day gift. This was an easy one for me because every year on Mother's Day I think about the very best gift I ever received...my baby girl Grace.
After many years of being single, I met Michael and we got on the fast track to marriage and a family. At the age of 33, I wasn't sure how things were going with my biological clock. Thank goodness there weren't any issues and we were happily pregnant just a few months after getting married.
Grace arrived on May 11, the day before Mother's Day that year. So my very first Mother's Day was spent in the hospital recovering from a c-section.
Grace had a rough birth and had to have an iv and an oxygen tent for a few days in the NICU. Now that I look back at these pictures, it breaks my heart to see that iv in her head. I know there are so many more serious health problems in so many children, but it still hurts to see even minor things like an iv on your own baby.
Needless to say, we were so happy to bring Grace home! After a few days with the extra care in NICU, she was good to go.
I think being an "older" mom gave me an extra appreciation for how precious a baby is. I really had begun to doubt that I would ever meet the right guy and have a family.
Each and every day I am thankful that God gave us two beautiful children, and I never take it for granted. Mother's Day is always an extra reminder of when we received our first blessing in the form of a baby named Grace.





What an absolute blessing! No other Mother's Day gift could ever compare!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing first Mother's Day! Thanks for linking up!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a precious story of your first mother's day! I'm so glad you and Micheal found each other. Thank you so much for linkup up with us. We appreciate it sooooo much.
ReplyDeleteHi Tanya!! I met my Mister in my 30's and was on the fast track when it came to having kids. What a wonderful Mother's Day gift. That's hard to top. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteAww! Love this post!
ReplyDeleteLove this Tanya! My 3rd daughter was born on Mother's Day almost 4 years ago- she will hands down be the best Mother's Day present k ever have and ever will receive!
ReplyDelete