Hello Wednesday!
Here's what's been going on around here...
What We're Eating This Week
Jack has always been my little chef and loves to get in the kitchen with me. Lately, he has found the Tasty YouTube channel and was inspired to make some meals for the week. I will add these to my recipe blog soon. He has already made Egg Biscuit Cups for his breakfasts this week. On the menu tonight we have Taco Cups. For an appetizer, he will be making Mozzerella Waffles. And for dessert, we have S'mores Cups. It seems like the theme this week is "muffin tin."
What I'm Reminiscing About
May is always a busy month for us with the end of school and Grace's birthday. So my Timehop has been exploding with memories every morning. The photo above is from Grace's 8th birthday in 2010. I've also been seeing lots of memories from five years ago when we were house hunting in England.
What I'm Loving
Grace had an art project to do last weekend - photography with perspective. Here are the pics she came up with. I thought she did a great job and the pictures are pretty funny!
What We've Been Up To
What I'm Dreading
Nothing!
What I'm Working On
I've been putting the finishing touches on our plans for the summer - I just booked a whale watching tour for our time in Victoria BC. Can't wait. I've also been spending some time at school decorating for the dance and choir concert.
What I'm Excited About
I was super excited at the school's awards ceremony last night. Both G and J got all A's and Grace earned an award in English. Yea!
What I'm Watching and Reading
Michael and I just finished watching 3 seasons of The Vikings. It was really good, a historical drama with lots of intrigue. Except it's set in the Viking era, so there are lots of rough battle scenes. We are now waiting for Season 4 to finish and come to Amazon Prime.
I read through these Eat This, Not That books yesterday. So informative and eye opening. Some of the "healthy" foods we eat are not really healthy at all. And you will never look at dining out the same way after reading the restaurant survival guide.
And our tv viewing is about to change dramatically. Or maybe it won't really be much of a change at all since we already stream most of our shows. We cut the cable/satellite cord today! We will use an antenna for broadcast shows, and added Hulu to the services we already had - Amazon Prime and Netflix. This will save us almost $100 per month.
Be sure to come back on the first Monday of the month for my Media Monday post.
What I'm Listening To
Nothing new - a mix of country, pop, old standards, and Christian on Pandora!
Grace, however, is OBSESSED with the soundtrack to the musical Hamilton!
What We're Doing This Weekend
The kids are off school Friday and Monday, so we have a four day weekend. No plans yet. Maybe a movie and time by the pool?
What I'm Looking Forward To
Summer!!!
Spending some time in the kitchen with our new appliances. The final piece (a trim kit for the gas cooktop) finally arrived yesterday, so now all is complete! I love the updated look!
Thanks for reading about what's up in our world this Wednesday!
Leave a comment and tell me what's up with you!
Also linking to:




How fun! Love the silly pictures! Cheers to a busy month and summer!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by, Jessi. Can't wait for summer. Hope you have a good weekend!
DeleteEat This Not That sounds so interesting! I bet it is crazy the things you find out!
ReplyDeleteYes, Eat This Not That definitely opens your eyes, especially about fried foods at restaurants and "healthy" processed foods at the grocery store. Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to check out your blog. Have a great weekend!
DeleteLove that Jack is so interested in cooking! So fun...I remember my bigs one summer getting so interested in watching cooking shows. And Grace...what a fun photography eye she has!!
ReplyDeleteIt's definitely fun to see their interests develop. Hope you have a relaxing "no baseball game" weekend! :)
DeleteYay Chef Jack in the house!! And look at beautiful Grace!! It's gonna be a great Summer!!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by Andrea! I'm so ready for summer!
DeleteI hope y'all love the Taco Cups as much as we do!
ReplyDeleteThey were delicious. I think I will add the diced tomatos and chiles to the ground beef now even when we just make regular tacos. Made them so much more flavorful. Congrats on Alise's awards and have a great summer kickoff weekend, Laura!
Delete