Hello Monday...Hello social distancing! We had a fabulous spring break in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico, and I will have more about that in my next few blog posts. All of us agreed it was one of the most relaxing beach vacations we'd ever had. More on that later!
Unfortunately we returned to life in panic mode back here in Texas. I had already heard about empty grocery shelves and school being cancelled for a week. I really hope that things will blow over soon. We were able to get groceries, and are all stocked up and ready to stay at home as needed. I won't get on a soapbox here on the blog, but I feel a lot better after I looked up the statistics from the swine flu pandemic of 2009. I barely remember this being in the news, but then again we didn't have social media in 2009.
Anyway, before I go into my travel blog posts, I wanted to let you know about the show Grace and I saw last Saturday. Come From Away was part of our Broadway series, and it was one of the best shows we've ever seen. The music was fun, the story was uplifting, and it was just a "feel-good" experience as a whole. Here's a description of the musical:
This New York Times Critics’ Pick takes you into the heart of the remarkable true story of 7,000 stranded passengers and the small town in Newfoundland that welcomed them. Cultures clashed and nerves ran high, but uneasiness turned into trust, music soared into the night, and gratitude grew into enduring friendships. On 9/11, the world stopped. On 9/12, their stories moved us all.
It was such a fun show, and I highly recommend it when life returns to normal hopefully sometime soon. Most readers of this blog probably have vivid memories of 9/11 like I do, and this story reminded me of how uncertain things were in the days following that tragedy. I was crying (but in a hopeful way), and almost broke into an ugly sob at the end of the show!
The musical is based on true stories and events, and one couple actually lives in Houston now. Here's our newspaper's story about them: Houston Chronicle.
I sure missed y'all last week while I took a blog break! I'm glad to be back now, and hope my upcoming beach travel posts will provide a little distraction in these anxious days. Stay healthy and take care!
Heather - My Glittery Heart
Johannah - The Sirois Family



No comments
Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!