Hello friends. This post marks the end of week 2 of staying at home during the Coronavirus outbreak. I could make this post short and sweet...Michael worked from home, the kids started their online learning, and I was a little bored!
But there was more to it than that. I have to admit that I'm beginning to feel a little stir crazy today, just ready for normal life again. Maybe I need to get started with a good new tv show to occupy my mind. Anyway, how are you doing with social distancing and sheltering in place? The days can feel a little long, am I right? Here's a look at some highlights from the week.
Grace started this puzzle, but then decided to re-do a Broadway playbill puzzle that she did a few years ago. Grace and I also played some Trivial Pursuit.
Michael and Jack cleaned out the garage...it looks so much better! We found some Hurricane Harvey bleach, and who knew we would possibly have a use for it again?
I made some homemade strawberry shortcake using this recipe from Martha Stewart.
I cut the recipe in half to make one sheet pan of cake.
This sponge cake was sooo good. It tasted like a Twinkie!
All of us have been walking almost every day. The weather is nice, and we have the time. Michael and I have been going 3-4 miles, and he has lost some weight from this extra activity.
Why pay for a dry cleaner when you have time to iron?
I snapped a few pictures of all the spring flowers and plants. I think this is my favorite time of year!
The azaleas are wrapping up their spring blooming season.
I have a fern on the front porch and one on the back patio too. They loved the rain this weekend.
Some pansies on the front porch.
And the roses started to open up.
I put a few Easter decorations out.
We have seen a few gators out on our walks. They like the spring sunshine.
Michael asked me to give him a haircut, and I did it exactly how he asked. But there won't be any "after" pictures. He doesn't like the short buzz cut, although it's growing on me!
Albie is practicing social distancing too...ha, ha!
I washed/scrubbed all the patio furniture cushions. They really needed it!
When you get bored, you start dressing your dog up in props.
This little quote from Lysa Terkeurst brightened my day.
As did this video from Matthew McConaughey.
I hope the weekend brings rest, relaxation and peace to you,
as well as sunny skies and a bright, happy mood.


No comments
Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!