On Wednesday, I marked another year around the sun...54 years old and counting. On my birthday, I was thinking about how OLD the 50's used to sound to me. I remember thinking I would turn 32 in the year 2000 and that seemed to be light years away. But alas, time keeps on ticking and here we are. It is 2022 and another birthday finds me in mid-life!
Don't get me wrong. Aside from a few new aches, I feel better than ever and approach each day with gratitude. Let's take a look at my special day. We were only missing a few special kids!
Michael kicked off my birthday with the beautiful roses in the top picture. I just love the variation in colors in each bloom. Then Wes and Suzette sent this arrangement. What a wonderful surprise!
I had a relaxing morning at home and then went to my new Bible study. I participated in CBS in England, and then again my first year back in the US. I'm not sure why I stopped going, but I am so happy to be back. I love the mix of ages in our group, as well as the style of the Bible study. This year, the study is on Exodus, Leviticus, and Numbers. My group leader made everone this crochet bookmark.
After Bible Study, I went home to pick Michael up for lunch. He was working at home on this day.
We went to Lupe Tortilla for lunch - so delicious. I ordered my usual green chicken enchiladas.
We stopped at Ooh La La for dessert. I had a coupon for a free cupcake. We took the desserts home to eat later.
My choice was strawberry cake with cream cheese icing.
Michael had a marble cake with a chocolate mousse filling.
I went for a manicure/pedicure. What a treat!
Kristy in Colorado sent a drink kit...so fun! It is from a delivery service called Drizly. Have you heard of this?
It was a laid back birthday, and I enjoyed every minute.
Both kids texted and called and that was the best part!
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!


Happy birthday! Glad it was a great one!
ReplyDeleteI love the beautiful flowers and it sounds like you had a nice day and happy birthday Tanya.
ReplyDeleteHappy happy birthday, dear Tanya... I hope this year is your best yet!!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday Tanya! The flowers are beautiful, bible study, a good lunch and dessert with your husband, being pampered and talking to your kids are ingredients for a great day. I was a part of a CBS group for several years when my girls were younger and loved it. Hope you have a nice weekend!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a wonderful birthday! Both those flower bouquets are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAwe! What a great day! The lunch and cupcakes look so good. The flowers are beautiful, and I love your nail color. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! It looks like you packed all of your favorite things into your special day! Yay!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful birthday! I love all of those flowers. And I always get the verde sauce on my enchiladas, too! It is the absolute best!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday and hand over that plate of enchiladas!!! Wow!!! That cupcake looks tasty, too.
ReplyDeleteI looked for that drink kit on Drizly but don't see that exact one, but I didn't do a deep dive. Very cool idea!
Glad it was a great one! That honestly sounds like a perfect birthday combo!
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated birthday
ReplyDelete