Life Lately


I have had this "Life Lately" post in my draft folder for about a week.  I better hit publish because life is moving on so quickly!  It's hard to believe it has already been a few weeks since I dropped Grace off in Atlanta and only a few weeks left until we travel to Atlanta and Auburn for a visit.  The summer months felt a little slow to me, but the fall is moving forward at a rapid pace!  The empty nester life has been good so far, although we are still getting used to such a quiet house.  Phone calls and texts with the kids definitely brighten our days.  Here's a look at life lately.


Our view at dinner time.  Cue the tears!  Dinner time is when we miss the kids the most.



Albie is getting lots of attention in our empty nester house.  This is how we entertain ourselves after dinner...ha, ha!


I just love the inexpensive roses from Kroger - I think they are $6-7.  
They last at least a week and they have so many colors.



On weekdays, I drink instant coffee or not at all.  If I walk early in the morning, I don't want coffee before I go and then I'm so hot when I get back - only ice water will do.  But on the weekends, I have been enjoying our Nespresso with heated, frothed milk.  A real treat!



Jack has really jumped right into campus life.  He has found a campus ministry he likes, and played with a band at their recent coffehouse night.  He also went to see a band play at a local venue, talked to the lead singer before the show, and got to play a song with them.  He's having fun and meeting lots of friends.


Last weekend, we went out to eat every day.  It sure is less expensive to dine out for just two.


We both enjoyed salmon on this day.




We also went into town to walk at the Houston Arboretum.  Albie loved it.  It is still hot, but the mornings are getting more manageable.


Having a student at Auburn has turned me into a BIG Auburn fan.  I went to University of Texas, and was a Longhorn fan in my 20's.  Then I met Michael and became a lukewarm LSU fan.  But now I'm ALL IN for the Auburn Tigers!  So while Jack went to his first game last weekend, we watched on tv.  It was a "white out" game where the students were told to wear white.  Here Jack is with one of his roommates and another friend.
I love following the Auburn band and cheerleaders now on social media.  The band and cheer style is so different from what I knew from my college days.  It is so fun and spirited!


Unfortunately, the game was washed out.  They have already told students to be ready for rain in tonight's game too. 


We're still cheering for LSU too.  It was a tough game for them last week.  



Albie continues to live his best life.



I'm not much of a thrift store shopper, but I had to buy this Dooney and Bourke vintage purse!  Did anyone else carry something similar in the late 80's?  



I posted on Friday about the death of the Queen.  I forgot that I had a summary post from 2014 about all my royal watching while we lived in the UK.  Check it out here.

Have a wonderful weekend - see you on Monday.
I'll be linking up with a post about where I workout.

8 comments

  1. Nancy Marchak12:53 PM

    Empty nesting is definitely an adjustment. We’re on year 2, and it does get easier. Thanks for sharing the royal recap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Jack has settled in so nicely! Yay for eating out. so fun. I'm sure it's quite the adjustment, but you all are doing it right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see Jack having fun at school. I might need a dog when my kids all leave, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Jack is making friends and getting plugged in. That's often hard for many incoming freshman. It's great he's fully embracing college life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad Jack is adjusting well and y'all are too, even though I know you miss having them around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet Albie misses both kids! Glad Jack is adjusting to college life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you are all finding new and happy ways to spend your days! I bet it is really exciting to follow a new school when someone you love is there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:13 AM

    I love that you’ve become a big Auburn fan!! I bet Jack loves that! Lauren, not Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!