Currently September 2022


Jennifer at Overflowing with Thankfulness is picking up the Currently link up on the first Wednesday of the month.  I'm so glad she is hosting this fun prompt and look forward to joining in!  Here is what I'm currently...
LOVING :: that you can decide to have Dairy Queen ice cream for dinner when you are empty nesters.


BEGINNING :: to volunteer at the library again.  I'm also going to be volunteer tutoring an adult ESL class at the library.  

ENDING :: my first embroidery project for fall.  Just a few more flowers and rainbow lines to go.  I have a Halloween theme for October and Thanksgiving theme for November.  (from Stitched Stories)


PICKING ::  a destination for a fall trip.  Here are the travel books I looked through trying to decide on our vacation.  Which one did we pick...hmmmm?



POSTING :: old pictures of my parents.  Jack sent me a picture of an old Mustang he saw on campus.  Of course, I had to go search for a picture of my mom with her Mustang, maybe in 1965?  That means she must have been Grace's age in this picture.  And in the meantime, I found pictures of my father, probably in college and then graduate school.  I love finding pictures I've never seen before (I have all of my mom's old photos, and there are some I guess I haven't looked through.)

See you Friday for a Life Lately post!

18 comments

  1. Anonymous4:27 AM

    I hope your first month as empty nesters is going well! I felt a huge freedom about not having to have a dinner ready. We are happy with leftovers or a bowl of cereal sometimes. I want to put more hiking on my fall bucket list for Tom and I. I plan to create one soon to be intentional about the time we have together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice to have a break from cooking dinner some nights. If Michael eats a big lunch at work, we often just have snacks or cereal...or Dairy queen!

      Delete
    2. And that's a great idea to make a bucket list, even if it is just for the two of us!

      Delete
  2. We hit up DQ too often. haha...can't say no to a blizzard or vanilla cone. I love that you are volunteering at the library. After my mom retired from teaching, she worked a few days at the library for 10 years...and retired from there too. That's my dream one day. I love the old photos. so special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being in the library, especially seeing all the sweet preschool kids who come in for storytime. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. It seems as if you are enjoying your new empty nest life! I don't know if mine will ever move out. Ha! They're all older, they're just not going anywhere. I can't wait to hear about your fall trip destination! All of those seem amazing. I love those old pictures you're posting. I considered being a volunteer at the library last year, then the holidays came and I forgot to ever turn in my volunteer form. Wow. I'm glad you're finding ways to stay busy and to keep fill your time. I hope your kids are both doing well and adjusting to life away from home...well, I know Grace is used to that, but I hope Jack is enjoying every second of his new freedom. Thanks for linking up with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both kids seem to be adjusting well and enjoying college life to the fullest! I have volunteered at the library off and on over the years, so it was really nice to go back!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing about the new link up! I actually did the same prompt words so yay. Love seeing the older pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry7:46 AM

    How can I subscribe to your blog? I can't find anything on this page. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry, thanks for stopping by. I do not have an email subscription, so you could just bookmark the blog. Or you could use a "blog reader" like Feedly - hope this helps! :)

      Delete
  6. Those old pictures are so cool! My dad had a Mustang when he was young, too. I think his was a 1966 fastback. He has always regretted getting rid of that car!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love reading about the new phase of empty nesting and looks like you can't go wrong with any of those fall destinations! When I saw the picture of your mom, it looks like you favor her. Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely look a lot like my mom, and sometimes it catches me by surprise when I see myself in the mirror looking just like her!

      Delete
  8. Great fall project...and just in time! We can have DQ for dinner?? Thanks...and yum!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, sign me up for DQ for dinner! YUM. I'm getting excited just looking at your trip booklets! I just read a book about a midlife memoir traveling the national parks-- TW Neal and her husband took one month off (in September I want to say) and toured a bunch of the national parks including Zion, Bryce, etc. and it sounded amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation on the book - I just reserved it at the library!

      Delete
  10. We are empty nesters for this first time this fall and it is HARD. I do like not having to make dinner most nights (the other nights I cook for my inlaws down the street) but miss the in-and-out of the kiddos. Our next trip is the end of May 2023 -- having one planned sooner sure is great. I'm a warm-weather person so we usually use all of our time in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I do love DQ. That ice cream looks yummy! And how fun you are going to volunteer at the library. :)

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!