Queen Elizabeth II


The world has a heavy heart today as we learned about the death of Queen Elizabeth II yesterday.  Her life personified duty and dignity, with all her duties carried out with sincerity and humility.  Most people alive today have never known a United Kingdom without the Queen as its monarch.  It is the end of an era, losing this generation that lived through the Great Depression and World War II.


Like much of the world, especially Anglophiles, I spent Thursday glued to the BBC broadcast waiting to hear an update.

To be honest, before we moved to England I didn't really follow the Royal Family.  I didn't even know who was who in the family tree.  I had watched the Charles and Diana wedding, and that was about it.  

Well, three years of living in the Windsor area changed all that, and now I follow many royal-reporting websites and social media accounts.  


This was my favorite picture I took while living over there.  






Rest well, beloved Queen - You served the world well.

9 comments

  1. She was a beautiful person and did so much good! I didn't realize she took over the throne at the age of 22. I think it's so neat that you all lived over there and that you got to see her in person like that. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really had an amazing life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was such a wonderful lady and she leaves behind such an amazing legacy. I still can't believe she's gone. She was one of those people who you really just expect to live forever and ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been lapping up the coverage!! I can't get enough! Have a great weeking Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:57 PM

    I thought of you yesterday when I was following the updates. What an amazing woman and servant to her country! - Sarah @ Sunshine & Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heartwarming post about ER....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you have a post about this. I'm so jealous that you were able to live in England for a few years. Such a sad day for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just can't believe she's gone. It seemed like she would liver forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:10 AM

    It is incredible to think about all the historical events that took place under her reign. What a life she had. She will be missed! Lauren, not Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!