Where I Work Out


Hello Monday, friends!  We had a good weekend with some of our last pool time for the year, a few restaurant meals, a trip to Sam's, some grilling, and watching football games on tv.  Jack went to the game, and Grace heard some good news that she was accepted as a staff writer for a university medical publication.  Way to go!  

Today I'm linking up with lots of friends for the Not Just a Mom post about where I work out.  Hope you have a marvelous Monday.


The main place I exercise is the walking trail along the bayou through our neighborhood.  Sometimes this bayou looks like a pretty river with birds and turtles.  And sometimes it looks like a drainage ditch with a swampy smell.  Either way, the wide sidewalks provide a good place to walk with my pal Albie.  During the summer heat, I've only been going 2 miles, but I will go up to 3-4 miles now that it is cooling off a little.  


We recently re-joined the YMCA.  My main goal for going to the Y is to lift weights.  I have heard alarming statistics about muscle loss with each decade after your 40's.  So far I am going about twice a week for some treadmill time and then a circuit on the weight machines.

Where do you workout?

Check out my Life Lately post from this weekend
and come back Wednesday for a Books to Screen post!

14 comments

  1. That's awesome that you walk that much each day! I really, really need to start walking. I've heard the same about losing muscle mass as we age and have thought the same thing. I'm also thinking of joining because there is an indoor pool that I could use all year. I keep thinking that, but then I haven't done anything about it yet. Ugh. I'm still trying to figure out my new schedule! I am very tied to my house because of my dogs....the one that has to stay in her kennel while we're gone and my older dog. I need to figure something out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a lot busier now with your part time job, so give yourself some grace! :)

      Delete
  2. I jog for exercise as well as an evening walk most days. I wish I had a beautiful place to walk at! I also have heard about needing to lift more weights - thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do more weight lifting... which is a bummer when one arm is basically broken LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I need to start lifting some weights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've started lifting weights more regularly too and not just for muscle mass either but to help fight off osteoporosis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss going on long walks with my dog as he will be 15 in October. I used to belong to a gym but it closed down right before the pandemic. I am thinking of joining a gym again and it's great that you are going at least twice a week. I hope you have a nice week Tanya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get back into a workout routine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats awesome for Grace. I need to get outside and walk more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:27 AM

    You are so dedicated in your walking! I really want to start an afternoon/evening walking routine, too. It is so good for you. I think you will be so surprised by how much weightlifting helps you in your everyday life. I can't believe how much stronger I got in such a short time period. I feel like I lift household items so much easier now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I can already tell a difference. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. I love that Albie gets to go with you. Whenever Travis goes to run, Homer always goes and sits close to the door just looking at him and making him feel guilty if he doesn't take him. Homer does usually get to go with for a bit. Hadley likes to walk him too. Travis has a leash that clips to a belt that he wears while Homer jogs with him. Hadley wears it and she likes the hands free option to walk Homer, eat a snack and scroll her phone lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lauren2:15 PM

    Your walking partner is precious. :) Hopefully as the weather cools down you'll be able to enjoy those walks more! Lauren, not anonymous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!