Weekend Wrap-up


With some weekend company and the Queen's funeral, I got a little behind on blogging.  And today is my BIRTHDAY!  I don't want to get behind, so here's a little look at my weekend wrap-up.


Fall is in the air...at least inside our air conditioned house!  I have switched over to fall scents and decor, even though it is almost hitting 100F this week.  I picked up this Mrs. Meyer's set from Sam's Club.  I love this touch of autumn at our kitchen sink.



Look at those cute little munchkins...from 2005 I think.



Here is my fall mantle.  I'm keeping everything pretty simple this year.



We went to House of Pies for lunch again.  I love their coconut cream pie!




I finished my first fall embroidery!  I ordered three kits for fall knowing I would have a little more time on my hands this season.  September is a harvest farm truck, October is a haunted house, and November is a turkey.  There were lots of questions on where to buy these - Stitched Stories.  They are fun kits with excellent instructions!



Albie lounging in typical fashion, this time with a toy bone.



I tried Jen's pumpkin penne recipe, and it was delicious!  Check it out here.
The recipe calls for 8 oz whole wheat pasta, but I used the whole box of regular pasta.



Wes and Suzette came into town for a funeral.  Don't they look nice?



We watched (A LOT) of college football this weekend.  Auburn had an orange theme for the week.




Wes and Suzette took us out to eat for an early birthday celebration.  
Michael's old fashioned was so good!



I picked a churro cheesecake for my birthday dessert.



We were all up at 4am Monday to watch the Queen's funeral.  I made some scones.  (Here is the recipe.)


It was so moving to see all the ceremony around the funeral, especially the parts in Windsor close to our old house.



Michael brought me these beautiful roses for my birthday.  I love the color variations!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

17 comments

  1. Happy Birthday!!!!!... & who shouldnt celebrate at a place called HOUSE OF PIES! YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! What a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:17 PM

    Happy birthday!!! Sounds like a great weekend to kick it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:45 AM

    Happy birthday!! I hope you had the best day! Sarah - Sunshine & Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to you, my friend! It sounds like a great weekend. I loved watching the little bit of the funeral I watched early Monday morning. I was impressed by the funeral as well- the whole world heard about Jesus. What a lady she was. Um, those desserts look AMAZING. I love coconut cream pie! I hope you have the best day and that you have fun keeping up the celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:09 AM

    Happy Birthday! Hope it's the best one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:45 AM

    Happy Birthday Tanya! Wishing you and your sweet family all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a wonderful birthday. How do you display your embroidery projects when you are done? I would love to see what you do with one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put it on a plate stand on the mantle for display. I'll show it in a blog post next week. :)

      Delete
  10. Ombre roses...gorgeous! Happy birthday Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful birthday week! Your desserts all looked delicious and so does that pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy happy birthday, Tanya! I hope you had a great day celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous6:18 AM

    Happy birthday!! I LOVE your embroidery! My mom, sisters and I used to do embroidery together. It’s a nice calming activity. What do you do with them once you’ve finished? If I remember correctly I think we turned ours into little throw pillows. Lauren, not Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put it in a hoop on a plate stand to disply on the mantle. I had several questions about this so I'm going to do a blog post soon. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. All the birthday treats look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much goodness in one post! I'm so glad you liked the pumpkin pasta! It's a fave. I hope to make it soon. House of Pie?! Yes, please! I love the rivalry t-shirt pic. So fun! Your mantle is perfect. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!