I can't tell you how WONDERFUL it has been to celebrate all the "normal" senior year events with Jack. And the most special and most fun event so far has been his prom. I was so excited about this celebration!
We snapped a few pictures before Jack went to pick up his date. I just love his new suit! The plan for the evening was pictures with a big group, a steak dinner for he and Kaitlyn, the prom and then an "after party" at our house.
This was such a nice group of teens. They all came together for pictures and then split up in various groups for dinner. And then met up again at the dance. We took pictures at a neighborhood lake, and can I tell you it was HOT! I think it was about 95, and everyone was melting. We tried to be quick with the photos!
Time for the corsage and boutonniere exchange
I thought they looked stunning with the red accents and dress!
Some of the girls in the group
Such a wonderful group of friends
Practicing some dance moves
Jack and Kaitlyn enjoyed a nice dinner at Taste of Texas, and then headed to the prom at the Westin Hotel. This is the only picture I got so I guess they had a blast!
The kids started coming to our house at around midnight. They swam and talked for hours. We had lots of snacks. I had prom pictures printed at Walgreens and put in plastic frames around the kitchen to decorate. Then they could take these home as party favors. At around 3am, the girls went home. Most of the guys stayed the night. It was such a fun night, and I was so worn out the next day!
And that checks another big event off our senior year list!


Good for you for hosting them after prom! I wouldn't be up for that, lol. Gabbie doesn't really have friends who are boys, but she went with her two good girl friends. Jack and his friends look great!
ReplyDeleteYes, so glad to celebrate these normal events again! Glad they had a great night and all looked so nice.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun night!! I'm sure you won some extra mom points for your hosting and party favors. That is a really fun idea to print pictures for them from just hours earlier. I bet everyone loved those!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun night. Everyone looked so amazing. You are such a great hostess!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like such a fun night! My mom hosted my after prom party too and we had a great time (though our proms always included a full sit down dinner).
ReplyDelete