Hello Monday! We had a nice weekend with some volunteering, going out to eat, time in the pool and church. Even a regular weekend feels extra special with all four of us at home. I spent some time today updating the blog with several recent events. So this post will link to all those recent posts and give a rundown on our life lately!
The heat has arrived, and the plants are going strong. My roses have actually finished their first round of blooms and now are covered in buds again. And the grass is growing thicker and greener than I can remember.
Grace got home last Thursday (a week ago). She flew home and put many of her belongings in a storage unit. She will just be home for two weeks now and then another few weeks in August. This shelter in place warning came just as she was leaving campus. I'm glad she was able to leave the building and get to the airport on time! All was ok on campus.
Auburn sent this cool flag to the enrolled students. War Eagle!
I made this poster that they will display at the Project Grad party.

My friend Annabel had to put her dog Boomer down due to age and health. Right after that, this sweet puppy came into her life...how could she say no? Meet Maybel! She has such a gentle personality and reminds me of our old dog Celie.
Oh Albie...always entertaining us with his poses while he sleeps.
The heat is here!
Let's just hope there is no rain on Sunday night for graduation.
Did you catch my anticipated summer books post?
Whew, that's a lot of life lately!
Hope you have a wonderful week.





Following along with all of Jack's senior activities has made me so nostalgic. I remember those days like it was just yesterday. And I know all too soon I'll be going through all of the same things with our babies. I can't imagine how bittersweet this time has been for you. Wishing him all the best as he starts his new journey in the fall right down the road from me!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about Boomer, that is hard. Great that they got a puppy already though! That is scary about the shelter in place on campus. Glad Grace made it home.
ReplyDeleteWell...you take the prize for a calendar full of fun activities!!!! So much fun to see Jack and Grace having a good time...favorite pic...Jack with Buc-ee!
ReplyDeleteLove following all of Jack's Senior activities. Reminds me how busy we will be next year! Glad Grace got to the airport and home safely. SCARY!
ReplyDeleteYou have so much going on...and it's all so fun. I love the poster you made for Jack's graduation. The pup is too cute!
ReplyDeleteThat poster is fantastic! Glad Grace (and everyone else on campus) was okay; what a scary alert.
ReplyDelete