Senior Awards


Last week, we attended the high school awards assembly for Jack.  We weren't sure what accolades Jack would receive, but we were excited to find out!  Doesn't he look nice in his new clothes?  We recently bought him a suit, 2 dress shirts, khaki dress pants, a tie, a belt, and a navy blazer.  He is all set for all occasions!  The blazer was a graduation gift from Wes and Suzette...thank you!



This year the assembly was held at the district auditorium.  This allowed everyone to spread out, since it is pretty crowded when it is held at the high school.  The students all sat on the floor, while the parents were in the stands.




Jack received the award for outstanding male student in the varsity choir...what an honor!  We were really surprised by this award since there are so many wonderful guys in choir.  He also received scholarships from the choir booster club and the PTA.  Way to go, Jack!



What a great group of teens!  I was impressed that the Most Outstanding Senior awards (from a class of over 800 students) went to a boy and girl from the choir.  




We wanted to go for a treat after the awards assembly, and Buccee's won the vote.  Jack had an icee and Michael and I had banana pudding.  Delicious!




12 comments

  1. Good job Jack!!! All the senior celebrations beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Jack! That is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Jack! We are about to start all the SENIOR stuff and I am NOT ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Jack! Oh, all the moments. I know your heart is full.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. Way to go Jack. And he does look so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Jack! He looks so nice. We just got a Buc-ee's about 30 minutes from our house. I haven't been there yet, but it's the talk of the town! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go, Jack! Those are some wonderful awards. 800 kids in his class!? Wow! That's a big school :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great awards and so nice y'all could be there too! And Buc-ees sounds like the perfect place for a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to Jack! What an honor! I can't believe he has 800 in his graduating class!!!! I can't even fathom going to school with that many kids! I only had 76 in my graduating class!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to your son and his achievments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww..look at your sweet handsome boy! Can't believe he's already graduating. Congrats on the award too. Carly received most improved for strutters and she was slightly embarassed and thought it wasn't the greatest award to get lol. I was like maybe on your last year but on your first I think it's great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!