Here's the story, and it's strange but true. I was working in the back flowerbed, kneeling down to plant a new flower. Albie loves to run laps around the perimeter of the yard, going as fast as he can. He seriously sounds like a galloping race horse when he does this. He barreled full speed into my face as I was bent down. Yes, that's 85 pounds of canine bulk running into my nose.
I was in shock, and soon realized that my nose was bleeding like crazy. It was more blood than I've ever seen. Luckily, Grace was at home in the kitchen. I didn't want to go in because blood was going everywhere, so I banged on the window. She brought towels out, and we finally got the bleeding to stop. My arms and legs were literally covered in blood.
We went to the local, standalone ER, and I have broken nose to make a long story short. There is not much to do for this, and I have the option to see a plastic surgeon later if it is a cosmetic problem. This happened on Monday, and the swelling is going down now. I was exhausted the rest of Monday and Tuesday, and hope to get some things done today. I'm so grateful that Grace was home and able to help me so much!
This is definitely something I never thought I'd be saying - my dog broke my nose.

Ouch!! That sounds painful. I'm glad Grace was home to help you and I hope you heal quickly without needing any further help. What a wild story!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness!! I am so thankful Grace was at home to help you! I am sure that is painful and hope it feels better soon. What a story!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds scary. I don't know if my kids would have been able to help if that happened to me! Glad Grace was good in a crisis! And hope you continue to heal up well.
ReplyDeleteOHHHH NOOOO!!!! I know it can happen - I've had my dogs nearly knock my teeth out before. I always say its good God made them cute. Hope youre OK - you got black eyes yet? :(
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Tanya- I am so sorry! I hope you heal quickly - have a restful weekend XO
ReplyDeleteOMG Tanya!!! You poor thing! I've only broken my nose once and I had black/yellow eyes for weeks. I have two bits of advice for you. One is Arnicare for bruising. And if you have to go out and the bruising hasn't gone down use Jane Iredale powder foundation. My dermatologist said that is the best coverup. I liked it so much, I've worn it ever since. I hope your recovery is a quick one!
ReplyDeleteOH my goodness! You poor thing. I hope you heal quickly.
ReplyDeleteOh My goodness. I can't can't believe it!
ReplyDeleteYikes!!! I saw you post this on Instagram several days ago and was shocked. What are the odds of getting your nose broken by your dog??
ReplyDelete