Mystery Illness

Poor Jack is dealing with one of his mystery illnesses right now.  He just seems to be the one in our family to get the mystery viruses that last a week with high fever and no cure.  Tuesday he got sent home from school around lunch due to a rash that appeared on his legs.  He had a low fever and we went to the doctor.  They did a strep test, but couldn't really diagnose anything.  (This wasn't our regular doctor.)

Yesterday the rash faded and he seemed ok.  He stayed home from school, but we went ahead with the Halloween party.

Then last night around 2am, he woke up itchy with a bad case of hives.  I won't gross you out with a picture of him, but if you want to see what his entire body looked like, click over to WebMD.  They seemed to creep from his legs up his body.  By tonight, they had reached his neck.  His fever is around 101.  Benadryl helps a little with the itching.

So we went back to the doctor today.  This time our regular doctor was there.  She still didn't really have an answer, other than the hives might be a reaction to an infection.  They drew some bloodwork, and we are waiting to hear about that.

Poor little guy...I hate these "mystery" illnesses.

No comments

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!